Stephen Ireland

Keith Curle was class. In our current squad he would be a great 4th choice CB. In fact - at his prime he would be challenging Otto and Stones for the 2nd choice spot. He was super quick, intelligent player and had a lot of time on the ball. He would fit right in.

Keith curle would be the first name on a Pep team sheet, ahead of the times and absolute nails... he’d of been class, along with Carlos, who for me, would of been elevated to Ronaldo/Messi levels, just imagine his press (:

Keith curle would be the first name on a Pep team sheet, ahead of the times and absolute nails... he’d of been class, along with Carlos, who for me, would of been elevated to Ronaldo/Messi levels, just imagine his press (:

Keith Curle, maybe not first on the team sheet but defo play a big role. Not sure Tevez would have had the discipline to play under Pep.

Benarbia would have got a game!

Keith Curle, maybe not first on the team sheet but defo play a big role. Not sure Tevez would have had the discipline to play under Pep.

Benarbia would have got a game!

If ever a player had the natural tools to play in a Pep team it would of been Carlito, his defending from the front would of been a wet dream to Guardiola...

As for Curly Wurly, Captain without a doubt!

I thought he was absolutely brilliant for us at times and he definitely had the ability to play in this current squad, not sure he’d be a regular starter but he wouldn’t look out of place either. It all seemed to be a confidence/mental issue as to why he didn’t flourish more here, I guess we’ll never really know. If Vinny invited him to play in his testimonial then he must clearly respect him as a person which speaks volumes.

If ever a player had the natural tools to play in a Pep team it would of been Carlito, his defending from the front would of been a wet dream to Guardiola...

As for Curly Wurly, Captain without a doubt!
No chance, he was way too selfish and a bit of a dickhead. Absolutely incredible player though.

I think all of us want to see the best for him and hope he can find some full time football soon.

Read that article in the Athletic and its very honest and would surprise most. Crazy to think he has a 15yo Son himself at 33 that is starting his football career and appears he has started a sports mgmt company so i wish him all the best. Served us well when he did play while a LOT going on in the background!

When I saw them in our youth team I honestly thought Ireland and Michael Johnson would be the fulcrum of a successful City team for years to come. They were superb and we had Nedum and Michah coming behind them. But they all hit the buffers with injuries or personal problems. Daniel Sturridge was another one. He was fantastic as a teenager. It just shows how difficult it is to predict the development of young players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.