Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read this article, sorry if this has been said elsewhere, but I really don't think it's as big an issue as they're trying to make it - in the 17/18 season when we started the greatest winning streak in English football they started 7 league games on the spin together, until Stones pulled up with an injury away to Leicester them two were great together.

Yeah, Stones was injured during unfortunate stretches, including loads of the big games for the run-in. It gives the impression that Pep somehow doesn't trust him, and I don't think that's true. He's played loads and loads of big games.

Pep Guardiola has confirmed Manchester City are not expecting Aymeric Laporte back until next year. The time frame stated was five or six months.

don’t care how people sugar coat it that is a massive blow. Even when he comes back gonna take him prob till March to be up and running . That’s him done for season tbh

Allowing for roughly equal injuries and suspensions, it's generally accepted that City are stronger than Liverpool when comparing the depth of the squad.
However, we've already lost two players until the New Year, plus Mendy's debatable recovery period.
We coped without KDB but considering that we also lost Gundogan in 2016-17, it's strange how we suffer far more long term injuries than Liverpool.

don’t care how people sugar coat it that is a massive blow

Yep it’s a disastrous blow. The one thing you wouldn’t have wanted to happen at he start of the season given our squad and lack of adequate cover for him. Anybody that says otherwise is deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.