Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly key players. One of Van Dijk, Salah, Mane or Firmino gets injured and they will feel it. They’re very fortunate that none of them hardly ever get injured. Van Dijk had always been a bit injury prone before joining Liverpool.
Gomez would be a bigger miss than Firmino IMO. They have nobody of similar stature in central defence (VvD was carrying Matip and Lovren) whereas Firmino has added little recently.

Mané was out for a while last season, if I remember rightly. Salah, on the other hand, is downright eerie. He just never seems to get substantially injured. Mané is, with Van Dijk, their most important player, in my view. They've got a good keeper, now, and that makes a difference too.

Oxlade CHamberlain was out for almost the entire season last year and Joe Gomez played less than half their season. Injuries are a part of the game and happen to everyone, including them.

Hardly key players. One of Van Dijk, Salah, Mane or Firmino gets injured and they will feel it. They’re very fortunate that none of them hardly ever get injured. Van Dijk had always been a bit injury prone before joining Liverpool.

That's right.
I should have been more precise in my original post, because KDB had been our key player in 17/18.
Liverpool were delighted when he was injured last season. and it's the same with Sane and Laporte (and even Mendy. who despite all the distractions, remains a fantastic attacking option).

Of course, Liverpool lost Gomes and Chamberlain, but they were easier to replace than Van Dijk, Salah or Mane

I just read this article, sorry if this has been said elsewhere, but I really don't think it's as big an issue as they're trying to make it - in the 17/18 season when we started the greatest winning streak in English football they started 7 league games on the spin together, until Stones pulled up with an injury away to Leicester them two were great together.
That's very true. I can remember Stones sat on the pitch, looking like he was about to cry, and worrying it was going to be a huge blow for us. As good as Laporte is, maybe those two can get back to that form. Then, long as they both remain fit, we'll have nothing to be concerned about.

That's very true. I can remember Stones sat on the pitch, looking like he was about to cry, and worrying it was going to be a huge blow for us. As good as Laporte is, maybe those two can get back to that form. Then, long as they both remain fit, we'll have nothing to be concerned about.

i'd agree with this, the only point i'd raise, as a point of worry, is that it limits the depth of the team to play in all the fixtures that we want to win this season, that's all.

Not having the rotation depth kinda re-prioritises our priorities, somewhat.

I'm gutted for Laporte, it's a long time for a lad to be out and i hope that he makes a full recovery - but time will be the healer here. And, i'm sure that Pep and the boys have it all in hand until he returns :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.