Norwich (A) - Pre Match Thread

Norwich (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be good for the Blues there to revive the Viking theme tune which I do believe started on my first visit to Carrow Road in 1976 in a 2-0 win.

It’s often more difficult to play the unknown. And for them it’s like they have nothing to lose. And they won’t. Even with a perfect 11 Norwich would not expect to pick up three points.

Than again it’s so hard to think we won’t pick up three points as we rarely drop points nowadays. You just have to look at the bench. Anyways, and despite the starting 11, I expect three points.

Listen lads and lasses on paper we should hammer Norwich and even more so with their terrible injury problems,but sometimes just sometimes strange things happen especially with football as someone said it’s a funny old game,they have absolutely nothing to lose and we have everything to lose,I just wouldn’t get carried away with scorelines of 5-0 or 6-1 this,as that’s when the football gods decree and it bites us on the arse,be humble and just look to get the three points by 7-30 pm Saturday evening anything else is a bonus.As I have posted previously VAR could come into play if this game is by chance 0-0 or 1-0 - 2-1 ...

Head to head record takes precedent over goal difference for the first time this year, so GD will likely be irrelevant.
Yes, it's nice to be positive and assume we'll come out ahead of the two dipper fixtures, but two draws or split victories are a very real possibility.

Head to head record takes precedent over goal difference for the first time this year, so GD will likely be irrelevant.
Well, 1/3 of the possible two-match pairing outcomes would render head-to-head irrelevant, so GD is still important.

And, if we are honest, it’s not that implausible that we split the spoils with Liverpool this year, meaning GD would once again be the decider if we finish level on points with them (which has happened before, and very nearly happened last season).

I’d say let’s score as many as we can, and try to concede as few as possible... just to be safe. ;-)

It does not. Head to head only comes into place when everything is equal .Goal difference is taken into account prior to head to head results

It does not. Head to head only comes into place when everything is equal .Goal difference is taken into account prior to head to head results
No, the PL changed the immediate tiebreaker to head-to-head starting this season.

A2-C42318-EFE0-400-D-92-DA-BB559-EB2-C944.jpg

Ahead of the 2019/20 season, we look at the new things to keep an eye out for in the Premier League.

Head-to-head records
If two or more clubs finish level in the table when competing for the title or European qualification, or when relegation is at stake, their records in the head-to-head matches will now be used to separate them.

In previous seasons, teams involved in these specific battles who finished with the same points total, goal difference and number of goals scored would be pitted against each other in a playoff.

Well, 1/3 of the possible two-match pairing outcomes would render head-to-head irrelevant, so GD is still important.

And, if we are honest, it’s not that implausible that we split the spoils with Liverpool this year, meaning GD would once again be the decider if we finish level on points with them (which has happened before, and very nearly happened last season).

I’d say let’s score as many as we can, and try to concede as few as possible... just to be safe. ;-)

Agree totally, but we know that head to head is the most important and if we lose that, we need to start smashing teams even more, just in case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.