UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the final outcome in all this will be 'failed to act in the spirit of the laws', that way UEFA get out of it & with it being effectively 'not guilty' CAS will let the case lie. This will also allow the media to continue to call us cheats in their roundabout way ad infinitum.

Reactions: nmc
Is this not out of UEFA's hands now it has been referred to CAS? Surely the hold up now is with CAS and I think I am right in saying that they usually act a lot quicker than this?

Fred_Quimby. I would like to know how CAS can have a hearing about our verdict, before the verdict has been given. Surely CAS will want to know on what charges we are guilty of and then say whether we are guilty or not. So I do not expect any verdict from CAS until the UEFA have finished their investigation and the verdict is released. Then we should find out what CAS have to say about the verdict from UEFA.

I would like to know how CAS can have a hearing about our verdict, before the verdict has been given. Surely CAS will want to know on what charges we are guilty of and then say whether to say we are guilty or not. So I do not expect any verdict from CAS until the UEFA verdict is released. Then we should find out what CAS have to say.

It's not gone to CAS over the verdict but the process.

Maybe one of the impartial, none City hating journos could get an official comment on whether that's true or not.

They never actually said this. It’s just from a media story without a quote.
I seem to have fallen into the trap of believing something in the press. Oh dear, silly me. Mea culpa, thanks for the correction.

Is this not out of UEFA's hands now it has been referred to CAS? Surely the hold up now is with CAS and I think I am right in saying that they usually act a lot quicker than this?
Admittedly the reporting organ(what an apt word) was the sun 'newspaper' but the following was reported on 12/06/2019, I won't include a link(sorry Ric):-

City are arguing that a biased process has not been conducted properly, questioning Uefa’s legal competence to pursue the case and claiming they have no case to answer.

But CAS have now confirmed to SunSport that City’s claim has NO effect in terms of stopping Uefa’s ongoing process.

And that means the five Judges who comprise the Adjudicatory Chamber of Uefa’s Club Financial Control Body do have the right to impose their sanction as they see fit.

A spokeswoman for the Lausanne-based Court said: “There is no stay on Uefa while the CAS proceedings are in progress.”

CAS announced last week it had “registered” City’s appeal and that it would now study the written submissions from both City and Uefa.

The Court was unable to provide a timetable for its decision but the news that the Judges, led by Portuguese Jose Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues, can continue with their deliberations will be a blow to City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.