Angelino - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understood people getting giddy about him coming back. It was never ever going to work for him. Not a City quality. I feel sorry for him, unless we manage to sell him somewhere soon.

He'll get some Pep training though and even if it never works fr him here and I can't see it working, that's good for his career.

He's more than good enough to be a backup behind Zinchenko. His issue is that Mendy is seemingly back in the fold after recovering from his injury and Mendy on top form is one of the best in the world.

Saying you 'feel sorry for him' is a bit OTT at this stage of the season as well. Cancelo hasn't had a sniff yet, Fernandinho only has a handful of minutes. There simply hasn't been enough games yet for a lot of our squad to get some minutes.

If at Christmas he's struggling to get in the squad/make an appearance, then would be the time to be concerned about his future here. And you never know, Mendy might break down again and he might fight his way in to contention as no.1 over Zinchenko once he's had time to settle. Far too early to be making any assumptions over his career here.

He's more than good enough to be a backup behind Zinchenko. His issue is that Mendy is seemingly back in the fold after recovering from his injury and Mendy on top form is one of the best in the world.

Saying you 'feel sorry for him' is a bit OTT at this stage of the season as well. Cancelo hasn't had a sniff yet, Fernandinho only has a handful of minutes. There simply hasn't been enough games yet for a lot of our squad to get some minutes.

If at Christmas he's struggling to get in the squad/make an appearance, then would be the time to be concerned about his future here. And you never know, Mendy might break down again and he might fight his way in to contention as no.1 over Zinchenko once he's had time to settle. Far too early to be making any assumptions over his career here.

Cancelo is big enough player to go from one big club to other each year. If it doen't work for him at City, he'll easily get the new job at some other big club.

I think he will not play more than 5 games this season, and then will be sold or loaned next summer.

I'm wondering if he'll make his debut against Preston, or if that game has been reserved for Mendy to return/build fitness. If Mendy somehow stays healthy for the remainder of the year Angelino could literally play a few hundred minutes this season in dead rubbers or against the odd lower league cup draw. I'm sure he knew his role was that of an insurance policy coming in, but thats rough.

I'm wondering if he'll make his debut against Preston, or if that game has been reserved for Mendy to return/build fitness. If Mendy somehow stays healthy for the remainder of the year Angelino could literally play a few hundred minutes this season in dead rubbers or against the odd lower league cup draw. I'm sure he knew his role was that of an insurance policy coming in, but thats rough.

Mendy is now fit and if he stays that way (a big IF), Angelino might not get a single minute this season. Which is a shame.

Knowing what we do about Mandy's knee, sadly, I think he made a decent choice.

He will get some game time. Delph is gone and know one plays every game.

Currently playing for the EDS..

12 months ago he was getting ready to start in the champions league, now hes in the u23s.

This transfer was a really important one for the academy because the idea that you can be sold with a buyback and brought back is genuinely important to running the kind of academy that brings in money and brings through players.

At our level theres only space for 1 or 2 kids in the first team squad but we are producing much more than that. Loaning is sometimes an option but selling with clauses is a much better solution and if Angelino's return goes really badly then it'll be a big dent in getting kids and agents to agree to those deals.

I didnt expect him to play a ton unless Mendy got injured again, but it didnt think he'd be back in the u23's 6 years after he first played for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.