Match Thread | Norwich vs Man City (14/09/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in a recent thread, we are not currently at the level of a title winning side, unless Liverpool also drop their standards as far.

That doesn't change if we score 6 in the 2nd half, the standard is still well below par in many areas & lead by the usual suspects who will hopefully improve again, during the course of the season, as they usually do, but aided by several others.

It's not just this game, really poor moments are happening in all of them.

Hopefully its just us warming up.

There’s no movement in midfield which is making our play slow and sloppy.

There is no pace between Rodri, Silva and Gundog and I cannot think of a worse combination for us. Especially when KDB, Dinho and Foden are on the bench.

I have no issue with loosing.

But what fooks me off is our set up is wrong & team selection is a little of let’s just turn up we will win. I really don’t see a plan in our play today we are that slow. We knew Norwich’s plan before the game.

We have no energy in midfield and we all knew we was weak in defence but decided not to get cover in the summer which so far is our biggest problem. Every attack from any team looks like they could score. That’s not a coincidence. Our defence is shit.

Thank fooook for Sergio! Again
It's almost like Pep mailed in this one just presuming our possession will auto-pilot a win, without a targeted plan, or we are just not executing it.

Just came on to say that first half was incredibly frustrating to watch, for quite a few reasons, but Kun’s goal changes the tone of the match completely and if Pep makes the right subs (Kev for Ilkay, for starters), we will go on to win this.

If we can score in the first 15 I'll feel fine. But head into the final half hour still trailing and Norwich will make very hard work of it

Didn't think we were that bad. A bit flat and a bit pedestrian at points, but we've been flat and pedestrian in away games before but have still gone in at 1-0 because we buried a big chance. We've been in control of the majority of the game - the difference this time was that Norwich scored the only two chances they had, so our performance was made to look considerably worse than it was. Stones clearly not used to playing in this back four, but that's to be expected after quite a long time out. On another day he doesn't try to play the offside for the second goal and we get away with it. And on another day Sterling's header goes the right side of the post instead of clattering back off it.

Good to get on the scoresheet before half-time, though - it's put the fear into the fans and if they don't get a third the nerves will creep in big time. Think we'll see De Bruyne for Gundogan on 55, then Jesus on 70 if things haven't changed. Long way to go.
Walker can see right along the line. He played everyone on. Without him they are off. That’s not on stones.

Norwich have been excellent tbf. Getting plenty of bodies in and around us and fighting for everything, without diving in. Then showing great quality with the ball. Byram is a dirty twat, but a good RB on that showing.

We've, surely, got to change Gundo for Kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.