Match Thread | Norwich vs Man City (14/09/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Norwich have been good at getting through our press at times(although our pressing is normally better) to be fair to them but both their goals were down to City mistakes more than anything. We can't afford off days anymore, every team wants that Man City scalp.

Rodri should be getting closer to the man at the first post, he's our tallest player, he needs to be winning headers for us. Sterling should be more aware of who's behind him too on that corner, fall into him make the chance more difficult etc.

Second goal was just sloppy to give the ball away there and being too casual about the danger it posed. They played through the half arsed press and Walker played everybody onside through not paying attention to our high line.

Glad we got one back before half time. Just what was needed. No more mistakes in the second half please City.

Last edited:
It's almost like Pep mailed in this one just presuming our possession will auto-pilot a win, without a targeted plan, or we are just not executing it.

Pep knew it wouldn't be a cake walk. It's those 11 players who think they are on the beach at Great Yarmouth who have been found wanting.

I seriously can not believe pep has not changed the midfield.

We loose this it’s on Pep.

Kev should be on NOW

Shocking first half. Zinchenko and Sterling need to up their game. Not good at all.
Zonal marking on corners is not good, never liked it. Mark the players and go with them.
Our midfield is pedestrian today, needs more drive. Strange selection by Pep. Hopefully KDB will be on soon.

Pep's built a team that's shit at corners at both ends, we rarely score from them, and we concede from them, I bet he'd love a game with no corners won or conceded,

Far too early to say that.

What is true, is that this is not a level which will win every week, so we have to improve or the scousers won't need to.

Very true. The dippers aren't dropping many points I tell you. We are having that second season syndrome after winning the title in our third year. We weren't great against Brighton in spite of wining 4-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.