Norwich (a) post-match thread

Worrying thing IMO was the attitude. Just didnt look motivated at all.

Nowt wrong with the attitude and every effort was made to turn it round but individual errors from 2/3 players that often make them cost us. I think pep took the game for granted as much as the players at the start. The defence is obviously a concern. Laporte being injured as kompany leaves shows poor planning.

Defence shocking. Walker brainfarts, Stones rusty, Otamendi fucking horrible, Zinchenko hasn't got a defensive bone in his body. Rodri pretty good, still adapting though and offered little protection on the counter in the 2nd half. Silva average, Gundogan useless in that role, Sterling's crossing strangely good but otherwise poor. Bernardo magical, should never have come off. Aguero plugged away but he he has to score at the end there. KDB disappointing, Jesus lively, Mahrez unfair to judge. Pep needs to sort out the set pieces and start making some changes, because that stunk of complacency from the midfield and attack and blind panic from the defence.

Title race obviously not over FFS
Bernardo magical? are you kidding not been anything like as good as last season

Despite having a number of key players out, Norwich were brave, played without fear and didn’t give a fuck for our reputation. It helped them immensely that our defence was non existent today and that our offensive players, too, chose not to turn up. A case of ‘bad day at the office’, perhaps - time will tell - but we have no divine right to win: a win against any team in this division has to be earned. We deserved nothing today. Leaving aside our home game against Watford, I hope there is some serious thought goes into team selection for the potentially more challenging Everton game.

I would normally agree but we have a huge void in level headed players in our back line until Jan, possibly Feb.

Dippers currently have a better back 4 in every position until 2020... and a 5 point lead.

If ever there was a time to panic. Now is the time. I totally get the flappers at the moment... it’s obvious we are currently the second best team as it stands. Anyone who doesn’t see that is in denial.

Flap away young man.

How very ‘level headed’ of you.

Given our defence or lack thereof might it not be an idea to play Dinho and Rodri in front of them.

It also might give us more of a chance in the CL.

Disagree all you like, it's not about being on the same level, he was more effective when he came on. They were too comfortable with Aguero who was on for the full 90minutes. Sergio had about 3 more chances of the same calibre and did the same thing. He wasn't caught off side today either.

Also the point of starting Jesus is to keep Sergio on his toes, he responds well to it.

oh i dont doubt the last point you make -Pep goes on about importance of competition to keep players going all the time.

But Aguero is much more lethal than GJ and as i said in a previous post....GJ can be very undesvive at times..he had one today he should have hit first time and took too many touches - not knocking him as he has potential and is already a good player.

Fuck me Ottamendi.
What were you fucking thinking?
Didn't take it on the half turn so he could see the press and didn't pop it off back to Eddy first time.
Cost us a point which is all we would have been worth.
3 on target 3 goals is a joke - again!

All the best teams lose mate, it's how you bounce back that counts.. Let the grievers be top of the league until into next year.. lets see who's getting the medals hung round their necks in May when it counts!

But we probably are in a situation in November that we definetly need to beat them to give ourself a chance.Have to win all of our league games now before we meet them.

Did he?

18th Dec - 76 mins v Leicester
22nd Dec - 40 mins v Palace
26th Dec - 90 mins v Leicester
30th Dec - 73 mins v Southampton
3rd Jan - 90 mins v Liverpool
14th Jan - 14 mins v Wolves
20th Jan - 90 mins v Huddersfield
23rd Jan - Burton away

Like i said, it didn't affect any outcome but his selections at times don't make sense.

You don't make sense, not his selections. You don't win two seasons in a row with record point totals with selections which don't make sense. No selection is guaranteed to win, that's football, shit happens.

Well he was the best of a bad bunch,at least he scored
Maybe the loss will be enough to give them all a kick up the backside, who knows. I still think it's harsh to act like starting Jesus is some sort of insult to Aguero. He needs games too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.