Norwich (a) post-match thread

Pep Guardiola: “Congrats to Norwich. The first goal was from a set-piece and the second on the counter so credit to them. It is what it is. We have to learn from this and carry on"

Sky revelling in showing the cost of both starting teams. Kelly Dogleash loving it but to be fair, Jamie Redknapp said it’s unfair showing it because so often we show our class.

I think it’s fair play.

If you’re the best, the price you pay is having to be the best, every time you set foot on the pitch. I get it, I agree with it. Hopefully our players will watch a little bit of the backlash and have a reality check.

It's simple for me. Stones never has been good enough. 25 and head screwed due to personal reasons. Zinchenko sadly not good enough for potential champions. Otamendi, great servant but beyond his best. Despite most in here Walker good enough. David (absolute legend) on his last legs. Look at tonight. Ed, Kyle, Rod, Raheem, Kev, Serg (maybe for one more season). Mahrez? Bernie (poor tonight and recently). Need to refresh the squad for me. I know that's easier said than done, but if you have ambitions to win the league, then you can't afford to concede 3 against 2nd bottom Norwich

I don't understand this mentality. Why would the rest pay for all those that travelled? When I go to away games, I don't pay because I expect us to win, I pay to support the team and hopefully watch a good game of football.

Today was a great game of football and the fans who went will have a great night out tonight in Norwich. It was not a lack of effort or a half arsed effort from the players that cost us today, it was a couple of individual mistakes, a weakness at set pieces and a well up for it Norwich, who played really well. The players were trying to claw a result back till the final whistle. They will be hurting just as much as us, if not more, at the manner of the defeat.

It did not go well for us today, it was a rare off day. Shit happens.
Haha what player deserved any praise whatsoever today and coarse they will be hurting I never said they wouldn't did I.

Guardiola: “Our passing was not bad. We created chances but we could not score them today. They are a really good team with good players with quality, we saw that in the Championship last year, they were clinical today"

“We did not have urgency in the final third that we normally have. In football you can’t always avoid mistakes. I don’t know how many shots we had or how many they had, but football is about goals and about what you do in the boxes.”

I like the media shit storm.

It demonstrates how good we are...and how little hope others have of beating us. It’s a rare and beautiful thing imo.

Others will get their hopes up that we can be beaten every week...and we will confound them by being unplayable....what’s not to like ?
aside from the losing part i guess that's one way to see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.