Norwich (a) post-match thread

Gotta give credit to Norwich. Be graceful in defeat. They played tremendously.
Yes they defended like demons and took their chances. The defence was shocking and I fear what might happen against a quality team. We should not panic but we could be out of the contest by Christmas if we continue to throw the ball in the net.

Flap away young man.

How very ‘level headed’ of you.

I kinda like Otta and Stones for their individual merit. But you need to take off the blue tinted specs if you think they will command a back line to the title... they are erratic at best with the offside trap and have regular rushes of blood.

Both can be brilliant players neither are leaders.

We might of got away with them if the competition was a 78-85 point team but I think those twats will be 90+ again.

You don't make sense, not his selections. You don't win two seasons in a row with record point totals with selections which don't make sense. No selection is guaranteed to win, that's football, shit happens.

You said he needed minutes, he clearly didn't so why play him on a difficult pitch when 9-0 up?

The point was that his selections don't make sense some times. Leaving KDB on the bench at Spurs in the Champions League is another one. No one can deny the outcomes but also cannot deny that some of the selections sometimes are a little baffling such as leaving KDB on the bench again today when he is in form and we are facing a tough away test.

Pep Guardiola: “Congrats to Norwich. The first goal was from a set-piece and the second on the counter so credit to them. It is what it is. We have to learn from this and carry on"
That’s about as close to it as possible. We got what we deserved today and sometimes we have to hold our heads up and move on. That team needs taking to town over that performance and hopefully pep will not accept it.

Maybe the loss will be enough to give them all a kick up the backside, who knows. I still think it's harsh to act like starting Jesus is some sort of insult to Aguero. He needs games too.
When sergio does something to deserve to be dropped fair enough but i very much doubt gabby is the answer,sergio is the best striker out of the 2 as he keeps proving,there is a reason pep plays him

We didn't let him go,we wanted him to stay,i don't think we were prepared for him to go this summer

This exactly, as we know our transfers are planned are plotted at least 18 months in advance and this close season it was all about getting in Rodri, we wouldn't throw away all our detailed work on Rodri to sign a centre half due to Vinny going. As you say i don't think we expected Vinny to go until next season.

Can you imagine the uproar on here if we had let the Rodri deal slip through the net to sign Maguire, especially if Laporte hadn't got injured.

Gundogan got his contract extension and immediately reverts to doing the bare minimum. If you watch a replay just look at his positioning, it’s shocking and dog lazy. Time for Foden to stake his claim like Zinchenko did with Delph last year. Gundogan has been shocking this season...again.

He really is a poor mans Nasri.

Otamendi should be ashamed of himself.Looked mentally beat within minutes. Seeing him telling Zinchenko to calm down right after he dropped a bollock on that goal was farcical.

Only Rodri and KDB came out of that game with any respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.