Norwich (a) post-match thread

Do we not work on defending set pieces/crosses? Everyone (and his dog) knows it's our Achilles heel. Yet it keeps happening. Why? The second and third goals were down to individual fuck ups (Walker and Otamendi), but surely we should be working as a group on defending balls into the box.
personally i like the old school guys on the post for corners, it stops the little fluky deflections from creeping in and also is good against flash headers. their all important first goal probably would have been saved.
plus reading the play you can come out if you need to but you can never go back as fast as you need to if it gets behind you.

Fucking rubbish!

Why, when they know how Norwich were playing, didn’t they adapt their game and pass quicker, rather than dawdling on the ball?

The Canaries' third goal stemmed from a very similar situation to Newcastle's second in the defeat at St. James's Park last season; this time it was Otamendi, rather than Fernandinho, but the outcome was the same.

However, you have to credit Norwich for devising a game plan and sticking to it. They fully deserved their victory.

Apalling performance, very worrying considering Laporte is out until the new year. Defence was all over the place and we will regret not buying a cb in the window. Otamendi is a complete liability and we can forget the title on that performance. Very few positives

This exactly, as we know our transfers are planned are plotted at least 18 months in advance and this close season it was all about getting in Rodri, we wouldn't throw away all our detailed work on Rodri to sign a centre half due to Vinny going. As you say i don't think we expected Vinny to go until next season.

Can you imagine the uproar on here if we had let the Rodri deal slip through the net to sign Maguire, especially if Laporte hadn't got injured.

It's like we didnt pay 60mil for a right back, who 18 months ago was at Inter on loan before moving to Juve for almost half what we paid. Solid planning that

When was the last time we lost a league game? Maybe Newcastle? Seriously though, we lose one game and pep is a shit, get a fucking grip you bunch of utter pricks. If that’s what u think go and fucking dip a few bins.

Those crying out for a central defender. Who would you have bought? Harry effing Maguire? For 80 million? I don't think so
No, De Ligt was the man, and De Ligt wasn't available. Simple as. The days when we spunked money on mediocrity are over.

I thought everyone was poor today. Everyone (with a special mention for Zin who persistently made poor choices, and slowed our momentum down).
Fair play to Norwich. That's how you beat us, if you're going to. Not many will.
The season is young, the road is long. The Tottenham game still rankles more than this, to me anyway.
Great rhat we're back to two-game weeks. Chance to get this out of our system, fast.

Haha what player deserved any praise whatsoever today and coarse they will be hurting I never said they wouldn't did I.

No, you said they should pay the fans for travelling down. Not sure why on earth they should pay the fans for anything. The fans pay for a game of football and thats exactly what they got.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.