The back four isn’t title winning quality

Think about this for a minute

Scouse back 4 is better

Forwards id say we edge it but with sane out probably ab the same.

Midfield we are certainly better, but when he benches de Bruyne and Fernandinho has not been playing and all of a sudden the gap is gone for me.

Leagues not done but this is going to be a fight, like last year, with us having to dig just as deep. I think we will have to win both games against them to be honest. Big ask?!
Maybe focus is on Champions league ? Players might just have an eye on this even more after seeing Vinny leave without one. Every player dreams of winning it. Let’s hope

Yes it is. The issue is we press from the front and midfield to stop the defence feeling pressure. Rodri isn't as tenacious as Fern and Silva/Gundogan can't press like Kev and Bernardo can. That's why we lost today.

Yes it is. The issue is we press from the front and midfield to stop the defence feeling pressure. Rodri isn't as tenacious as Fern and Silva/Gundogan can't press like Kev and Bernardo can. That's why we lost today.

The first goal was from a corner. The third goal we gave it away under no pressure. So those weren’t the reasons we lost today.

Lost 4 games last year won the league
year before won the league at a canter with Vinny injured mainly and laporte turning up late.

I won't panic yet

We won 18 in a row with a similar defence, Mangala played as much as Vinny.

Defence is bound to look poor when the team does not press well. And with Dave, Gundogan, Kun and half-arsed efforts from Raz and others we didn't press well at all. Organisation was lacking. Don't know whether it was complacency or lack of enough energy but our defensive organisation depends a lot from the pressing up front.

The reasons we were beaten today are poor passing accuracy and individal errors leading to chances for the opposition, which they took. That can be fixed, the issue for me is whether we have the time to iron it out. Until then, Fernandinho needs to be sat in front of that defence to help connect the play and calm things down.

Even after they scored from a corner, which we admittedly were missing Laporte for visibly, we should still have had enough to go on and win. The reason we didn't is that we gave them chances to shoot in very advantagous positions, and they put them away.

Let Liverpool prance around now thinking the title is theirs, they did it from December last year and I still have the whatsapp messages claiming it was theirs even before Christmas. They never did realise that the season is 38 games long - its 37 and unbeaten, its 2 points for a win, longshots count double and games played on pitches too wet or too grassy don't count. They'll have their own crisis to navigate, and from what I have seen Klopp has much less patience and nerve when it counts.

Looks like we are going to be playing catch up with Liverpool for a while now. Clearly nothing is decided in September but it's a fact that with the departure of Kompany and now the loss of Laporte for months we are weaker than last season. It's hard to judge Cancelo on his two minutes of playing time, though.

Fook me we have some shit supporters !!!! By all means give criticism as sometimes it’s justified but to write the league off. Get a grip. We had a bad day with some terrible mistakes but that’s football. We move on to next game.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You and everyone else. I've had a season ticket for 35 years, I've earned my right to have an opinion, along with everyone else on here. Pep got team selection wrong. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but you absolutely don't play Gundogan against a team that press high. Pep is wonderful but he's human and he's made a big mistake.

Other problems perhaps couldn't be perceived, Zinchenko worst game he has ever played, Otamendi just poor, David not up to standard, Bernardo not up to standard, Raz not involved enough. Defending set pieces = Sunday football standard.

Advantage Liverpool but lots to play for yet. But Pep, don't be arrogant. Best team from the start, get in front, close out the game and then make changes. Simples.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.