#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw his first touch when he came on? He fluctuates between having the touch of a rapist and rarely having it glue to his feet like once against Brighton. Inconsistent and up there on par with signings like Bony, Sinclair and etc.

Yeah you're not in touch with reality there pal.

Saw his first touch when he came on? He fluctuates between having the touch of a rapist and rarely having it glue to his feet like once against Brighton. Inconsistent and up there on par with signings like Bony, Sinclair and etc.

you picked on his first touch in the game!. Other players have lost/wasted much more balls than him but you seem to be blind to that. Let me tell you this: it is known that the way he receives the ball and controls it is up there with Messi's. Yes, Messi's ! The way he weighs his passes is legendary in some parts of England. Sancho? he is a talent who wanted to go away and has all the right to do it. He has proven nothing yet. Unlike Mahrez (look at his achievements) who has shown much more patience at our club. No contest as far as I am concerned, Mahrez over Sancho for me any time.

That’s absolute bollocks. He probably has the best first touch in the entire squad.

Think Mahrez is unlucky not to be starting at the moment. Bernardo not fully up to speed yet
Bernardo has been okay, not great but decent enough. Sterling was poor against Brighton and bobbins tonight

you picked on his first touch in the game!. Other players have lost/wasted much more balls than him but you seem to be blind to that. Let me tell you this: it is known that the way he receives the ball and controls it is up there with Messi's. Yes, Messi's ! The way he weighs his passes is legendary in some parts of England. Sancho? he is a talent who wanted to go away and has all the right to do it. He has proven nothing yet. Unlike Mahrez (look at his achievements) who has shown much more patience at our club. No contest as far as I am concerned, Mahrez over Sancho for me any time.

Mahrez has nothing on the level of Messi’s ability. He is inconsistent in every part of his game. Mahrez still can’t nail down a spot unless Pep feels pity and rotates the team to rest someone. He is getting a nice pay while adding absolutely nothing to the team. A failed ageing signing compared to Sancho who is only improving.

Yeah you're not in touch with reality there pal.

There is nothing out of touch about the assessment of his impact to the team. He adds nothing and has been a waste of a signing. I am more than happy for him to prove me wrong but he won’t. Bony was brilliant at Swansea but he did not work out here. The same goes for Mahrez, he just isn’t good enough unless we are in an injury crisis.

There is nothing out of touch about the assessment of his impact to the team. He adds nothing and has been a waste of a signing. I am more than happy for him to prove me wrong but he won’t. Bony was brilliant at Swansea but he did not work out here. The same goes for Mahrez, he just isn’t good enough unless we are in an injury crisis.

The fact that after that game, you think of Mahrez who literally only miscontrolled one ball says you've made your mind up already. Mahrez did more in the West Ham game than Bony did for us period. He's created so many chances this season and been one of our better performers so your complaints make no sense. To compare him to the signing of Bony, who was genuinely abject, or Sinclair who never actually played is detached from reality.

Mahrez has nothing on the level of Messi’s ability. He is inconsistent in every part of his game. Mahrez still can’t nail down a spot unless Pep feels pity and rotates the team to rest someone. He is getting a nice pay while adding absolutely nothing to the team. A failed ageing signing compared to Sancho who is only improving.

What a piece of shit is this post .. pity? .. are you even serious? ... are you even a football watcher? ... Mahrez has created the biggest achievement in English football history. He just made his country continental champions. Yes, his first touch is at the level of Messi's if you really know football. Sancho?!

The fact that after that game, you think of Mahrez who literally only miscontrolled one ball says you've made your mind up already. Mahrez did more in the West Ham game than Bony did for us period. He's created so many chances this season and been one of our better performers so your complaints make no sense. To compare him to the signing of Bony, who was genuinely abject, or Sinclair who never actually played is detached from reality.

Reality is that he has been an ineffective signing. Bony had a brilliant game against Gladbach but just like with Mahrez and his singular good performance against West Ham, he has been a passenger in this squad. That is the current reality that Mahrez apologists can’t accept. He is 29 this season, if he can’t put in consistently good performances it is time to move and accept that sometimes it just doesn’t work.

What a piece of shit is this post .. pity? .. are you even serious? ... are you even a football watcher? ... Mahrez has created the biggest achievement in English football history. He just made his country continental champions. Yes, his first touch is at the level of Messi's if you really know football. Sancho?!

I’m sorry I hurt your fanboy feelings but Bennacer far outperformed Mahrez in the AFCON who appart from a freekick was extremely pedestrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.