Norwich (a) post-match thread

The reality is we gift wrapped two, and Norwich played out of their skins and just hoped for the best as chance after chance fell to us. Rodri apart, we couldn’t hit our usual clean strikes. Ironically, Norwich v Liverpool (or was it the other way round ?) was a much more even game, but they got away with it.

Stones and Otamendi have contributed to 8 out of the 10 goals caused by individual errors since Pep took over.

Feels like 2016/17 watching them two playing alongside eachother again.

That's the problem some people are failing to realize when they refer to last season's heroics we did. We won the league when Kompany and Laporte closed the shop s we could win few of those 1:0's. No way these two are going to grind those kind of results regularly. We conceded 4-5 goals in that 14 wins run. We conceded 7 already in 5 games this year.

The hole Kompany left in our defence is colossal. Pep went back to him whenever things became tough and our defence was always suspect when he was not in the team regularly. Even with Laporte, let alone without him.

Not too worried,33 games to go a lot can happen and we will come back stronger.A very bad day at the office all round,things didn’t quite click and Norwich played us very well and deserved their win.
Seem to recall we lost 3-2 at Cardiff a few years back, around the same point in the season and look how that one turned out.
If we're ever going to get a kick in the arse, now's the time.

Fuck off I have been going since 1968 smartarse, trust me I have seen plenty of losses, a lot of them shocking. Our defending today was on a par with the bad old days though.
Fair enough Paulchapo, I don't want to fall out with you, you are a respected poster on here, I've clocked you for some time.. I'm as p*ssed off as you tonight, it's all about opinions mate !

Needed the central defenders to be able to hit diagonals and stretch the play, but both look woefully short of confidence. Across the park we are also guilty of taking too many touches which slows the game down and allows defences to regroup.

Yes it will hopefully refocus our minds to what is important,not too worried about Liverpool they will hit a bad spell this season.

That's the problem some people are failing to realize when they refer to last season's heroics we did. We won the league when Kompany and Laporte closed the shop s we could win few of those 1:0's. No way these two are going to grind those kind of results regularly. We conceded 4-5 goals in that 14 wins run. We conceded 7 already in 5 games this year.

Who closed the shop in 2017 when we won 55 from 57 points? Mangala?

Sometimes the best teams and best individuals lose in a sporting contest, it’s what they do after that defeat is what makes them great

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.