City Matters and Kharkiv

Do you think we might of had a few more going to Kharkiv if there was loyalty points for attending , I know we’re only a few games into the season but I know of a few lads who have said they won’t go to as many aways if you don’t need to collect the points , this may help fans on lower points get a ticket but it will also means there’ll be less City at matches that don’t sell out . I wonder how many of the City Matters committee who voted to suspend the points system are making the 3 1/2 thousand mile round trip
I have never attended a game by being influenced by what points are on offer.....and neither have you.

I have never attended a game by being influenced by what points are on offer.....and neither have you.
I have to say that during the Pearce era, when I was steadily building up points, I sometimes thought about whether I really wanted to go to a game as we were usually so shit. If I was getting close to a round thousand, the thought of the points probably helped to swing the decision in favour of going. But you needed all the motivation you could get in those days whereas you don't nowadays.

“I’m not going to the Ukraine because I’m not getting the loyalty points” said no Blue ever.

I've seen no evidence to support that statement?

If United or Liverpool goes to general sale I'll join you in Colin's fan club, presumably doubling the membership.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen no evidence to support that statement?
Everton sold out at 14k. That means anyone who started last season on 12.5k (after renewal, cup schemes etc) and went to 15 away games (600 points) last season, renewed on Platinum this season (380 points) joined all cup schemes (600 points) could have got a ticket. There's no way last season that anyone on 12.5k could have got a ticket for the equivalent game if it'd been played at the same time.

Everton sold out at 14k. That means anyone who started last season on 12.5k (after renewal, cup schemes etc) and went to 15 away games (600 points) last season, renewed on Platinum this season (380 points) joined all cup schemes (600 points) could have got a ticket. There's no way last season that anyone on 12.5k could have got a ticket for the equivalent game if it'd been played at the same time.
How do you know that?

Everton went to general sale last year due to different factors. I think it might have gone to 10k or below if it had been played on a Saturday because we were about 7 points behind Liverpool when tickets would have gone on sale. However, I can't say that with any certainty in much the same way you can't say it would have sold out at 12.5k or above.

How do you know that?

Everton went to general sale last year due to different factors. I think it might have gone to 10k or below if it had been played on a Saturday because we were about 7 points behind Liverpool when tickets would have gone on sale. However, I can't say that with any certainty in much the same way you can't say it would have sold out at 12.5k or above.
I know because I used to go to Goodison every season. Then I dropped down the ladder for various reasons and hadn't got near a ticket in the last few seasons. Last season it got moved forward to midweek at short notice which clearly affected the uptake and I got a ticket again but that was a one-off. Wasn't that far off this season though which is the first time in a few seasons (apart from last) I've been in that position.

Personally anyone going to Kharkiv deserves 200 loyalty points not 20. I do not understand what your question is. Any Blue that is willing to do a 10 hour round trip to Norwich is not going simply for the points, therefore simply because they are not on offer this season will not stop him going. You keep quoting the 'I know a few lads' thing, well I don't. I do not know and have never met a Blue that went to an away match simply to gather 20 points.

Did we go last year ?

Bill , I’ve got to be honest and say that even I have struggled to get motivated to go to one or two matches in the past and maybe subconsciously only eventually gone just so I got my 40 points to keep my place on the “loyalty league table”and that’s how I got to just shy of 25k points . I was also wondering if it had a bearing on why in the previous 4 trips to the Ukraine we took 6/700 but this time ( the first trip with no points ) we’re taking circa 150 , but most repliers on here think it’s a silly suggestion

Bill , I’ve got to be honest and say that even I have struggled to get motivated to go to one or two matches in the past and maybe subconsciously only eventually gone just so I got my 40 points to keep my place on the “loyalty league table”and that’s how I got to just shy of 25k points . I was also wondering if it had a bearing on why in the previous 4 trips to the Ukraine we took 6/700 but this time ( the first trip with no points ) we’re taking circa 150 , but most repliers on here think it’s a silly suggestion
The ONLY reason I'm not going is my disability, if my wife can't make it neither can i. I urge anyone with cash to do so please go. I miss my euro aways, you never know what's round the corner, fuck the points and go where you can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.