The back four isn’t title winning quality

Otta has been fine until paired with Stones today. Neither is a leader and both need to play with a partner who takes command. Stones is not aggressive enough and Otta always has a gaff in him. Zin will have missed Laportes protection on the left as well. I think we may have cost ourselves dearly by not strengthening the left back and cb positions but we are where we are. Angelino played for the 23s today Cancelo yet to start. Mendy a waste of space. In reality we have world class players everywhere except in the defence. Bar Laporte our strength in depth does not exist there. Midfield and forward we have options and the level doesn’t drop if we rotate, that ain’t true of our defence imho. Worst bit for me is we have dropped 5 points in what were in reality easy games. Spurs should’ve been over at half time and Norwich are relegation fodder.

So we basically gambled our season on Laporte not getting injured!

Looks like the dippers will capitalise
On the la porte issue
Should have spent big summer gone
Just have to have a year to reset

So we basically gambled our season on Laporte not getting injured!
I think we've all said this summer 'Kompany needs to be replaced'.
That back four we had out today doesn't fill me full of confidence. Lets be honest about it, If you're the opposition player or manager ect surely youd think to yourself 'We'll get chances today'. It's worrying.

Whilst the back 4 may or may not be good enough, the bigger problems today were in midfield. The lack of pace becomes a real issue when you’re up against mobile, quick and technically accomplished opponents, who can play out around you without shitting their pants, and we seem to have a lot of players with no change of gear whatsoever. Gundogan and Silva in the engine room today was a disaster, but Bernie, Zinchenko and Otamendi didn’t have much in the way of acceleration either, and with Raz matched for pace by their right back, we were barely able to test Krul until the last 15 minutes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.