Norwich (a) post-match thread

Without being at our best, we lost because of one mistake and one split second howler. We weren't awful or anything like that, we were only poor by our usual high standards. There are top six teams that dream of being as good (or bad) as we were today. Rodri apart, we were unable to strike the ball at goal as well as we usually do. It was one scuffed shot after another. Lets have it right, for all Norwich's effort and some decent passing, they were closing their eyes and hoping for the best when we got into the box - they're just grateful we were unable to work the GK with precision quick shots. Incredible how many of our shots bobbled along slowly or gently floated into the GK's arms.

Had a quick look tonight and have been astounded at the negativity. If you read back I've done the opposite.of calling players shite and felt the need to get involved. In all honesty I probably wont bother again.......why bother trying to explain to people that this is the best team we've seen, and are likely to see in the future, and that football is about winning and losing.

Indeed
Stones and Otamendi for most of the season.

Yikes.
Indeed , we are dreaming if we think we can win the champs league never mind the prem this season, must admit I was confident we would win today with the team we had out unbeknowingly to me and to us all how absolutely shit we would perform against a pretty average side, total dogshit dosnt come near, the murderers will piss this league unless we get a grip

Bollocks mate they fucking strolled around today like it was a.walk in the park

You're the one talking bollocks.

They had almost 70% of the ball. They ensured that over 50% of the game was played in the Norwich final third of the pitch and only 10% of it in City's final third. That simply does not happen if you don't work hard.

A few critical errors cost the team today. There were other faults in the performance but those were the key failings.

Had a quick look tonight and have been astounded at the negativity. If you read back I've done the opposite.of calling players shite and felt the need to get involved. In all honesty I probably wont bother again.......why bother trying to explain to people that this is the best team we've seen, and are likely to see in the future, and that football is about winning and losing.
Yes it's about winning and losing,.but if you lose you should lose in the right way, and that is when players walk off the pitch and all 11 can say we did our best but it just was not enough, that I can accept, but today I don't think our 11 can say that

They had almost 70% of the ball. They ensured that over 50% of the game was played in the Norwich final third of the pitch and only 10% of it in City's final third. That simply does not happen if you don't work hard.

A few critical errors cost the team today. There were other faults in the performance but those were the key failings.
Ooooh stats and possession great, come on then tell me 1 player you thought had a good game today? We were shit deal with it

And also that was Norwich game plan, they knew we would have possession so they let us and used what they had, and it worked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.