Norwich (a) post-match thread

Wasn't our day, Norwich, I thought played very well. They did what they had to do and did it throughly. I think that the scouse red scum will also 'shockingly ' drop points. No worries, yes we played like shit, but I will say again it wasn't our day. Stay calm.

Had a quick look tonight and have been astounded at the negativity. If you read back I've done the opposite.of calling players shite and felt the need to get involved. In all honesty I probably wont bother again.......why bother trying to explain to people that this is the best team we've seen, and are likely to see in the future, and that football is about winning and losing.
Great post. Sums it up for me.
It's September, chilling of boots and wiping of fanny needed.
It's one defeat let's not get too upset. We've not lost since January. It's hard to take but I'm sure I'm not on my own here but I just shrugged my shoulders and listened to all the media comments it was all about the dippers being 5 points clear. I'm still smiling at all this cos I remember when this type of result was typical city. in 15 years we've gone from laughing at losing to being upset at losing. Let's get real, we are city and not entitled like the rags and dippers.
If we lose the odd game so be it.
It didn't stop us last season and it won't stop us this season

What has pep got to do with it? Fact is we thought we turn up and we win, well we didn't because Norwich worked harder and wanted it more
Because pep is the manager who picks the team, including stones and otamendi who you keep saying aren't good enough, an has come out tonight and said he trusts his players 100 %. So are you saying he's wrong?

Fair play for making the journey, but the rest is bollocks. If you like stats so much check the stats for Norwich shots on target and goals scored, then tell me we did enough to snuff out almost every attempt they made

They had 3 shots on target and scored 3 goals but that is completely irrelevant to the effort we put in to stop them creating chances. The fact that only 10% of the game was played in City's final third demonstrates the effort we put in to stop them scoring.

City's issues yesterday were technical; not whether they worked hard enough. They weren't smart enough yesterday.

And that is my final word for now. Good night.

Quite a few had doubts about Ota and Stones. They have been shown to be fine alongside Laporte or Kompany but I will be worried until I see evidence of a solution.

I think we had a double whammy of Pep wanting to rest de Bruyne after international week and in advance of the Champions League combined with a weak central defence. We're being careful with KDB. He comes off on games before the 90th min mark and is still not 100% imo.

They had 3 shots on target and scored 3 goals but that is completely irrelevant to the effort we put in to stop them creating chances. The fact that only 10% of the game was played in City's final third demonstrates the effort we put in to stop them scoring.

City's issues yesterday were technical; not whether they worked hard enough. They weren't smart enough yesterday.

And that is my final word for now. Good night.
This reminded me of City's defending in Pep's first season. We'd dominate games and get done every time the opponent attacked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.