Norwich (a) post-match thread

We got beaten by a team we would usually beat but we didn’t today a bit like Newcastle and others we would expect to beat. The good news shit like this happens but we seem to win major trophies after such setbacks. Best thing is littlewoods fc think they have at last won the league in September. So let’s all settle down and enjoy the ride cos this team is awesome and not many if any can light a candle to us.

Do we not work on defending set pieces/crosses? Everyone (and his dog) knows it's our Achilles heel. Yet it keeps happening. Why? The second and third goals were down to individual fuck ups (Walker and Otamendi), but surely we should be working as a group on defending balls into the box.

And it’s a near post header on corners nearly every time - going back to last year and probably even further. Clearly people are looking at something in the tape and exploiting it.

Quite a few had doubts about Ota and Stones. They have been shown to be fine alongside Laporte or Kompany but I will be worried until I see evidence of a solution.

I think we had a double whammy of Pep wanting to rest de Bruyne after international week and in advance of the Champions League combined with a weak central defence. We're being careful with KDB. He comes off on games before the 90th min mark and is still not 100% imo.
We dont have any commanding centre halves with no Kompany and Laporte. Otamendi always has mistakes in his game, Stones is too fragile and as much as I dont like saying it 'he's a fucking fairy' all well and good been comfortable on the ball, But you also need a set of bollocks and be right up for a battle, He just doesn't seem to have it in him to be up for a proper tussle and I dont think he ever will.

Very disjointed performance. We learn, and move on. Sure, the dippers will be wearing their "It's our year" t-shirts for now, but it's a blip, like the 2-3 at home against palace in December. If we're still 5 adrift come may, then I'll concede defeat. We fight 'til the end.......

Fucking rubbish!

Why, when they know how Norwich were playing, didn’t they adapt their game and pass quicker, rather than dawdling on the ball?

The Canaries' third goal stemmed from a very similar situation to Newcastle's second in the defeat at St. James's Park last season; this time it was Otamendi, rather than Fernandinho, but the outcome was the same.

However, you have to credit Norwich for devising a game plan and sticking to it. They fully deserved their victory.

Very much agree. Teams know we hate being harried and pressed, so the brave ones are going to do it and we need to be ready to release passes and people into space faster if we sense or feel that’s coming. But the selection today was of a team that almost by design kept everything in front of Norwich. Sterling tried to get in behind a few times but no one bothered to hit him, so he just gave up the runs. Strange.

Otamendi’s mistake was inexcusable once the ball was in his possession, but I also bet he was wondering - in his reaction after the goal - why on earth stones is making that pass in the first place if a man was that close to him. It was a useless ball that stones only should have played if ota was a much safer outlet. It was stupid from stones, and came seconds after he’d done something similar at the halfway line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.