David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too high up the pitch and playing with his back to goal for the majority of the time he was on the pitch.

Our midfield was too one paced with those three in there today. Rodri was fine but the other two weren't. I'd have genuinely played Foden over one of them. That extra bit of aggression, acceleration and dynamism is what we missed today

For me it was totally the wrong decision to give him the captaincy. We need energy in midfield and if he’s playing too many matches by virtue of wearing our armband, then the squad vote has fucked us up. Give Foden a run, and watch him shine. Foden and KDB with Rodri behind them and Fernandinho in defence.
Where do you get the idea he's playing just cos he's captain? Pep played him even when he was out of form last season, and that's before he was captain. He consistently benched Vinny even when he was fit at times too. Pep doesn't seem arsed about the captaincy in general, it's something he always downplays in interviews. He simply doesn't trust Foden. If he did, then he would've played more last season when Silva was underperforming, instead of just being thrown to the sharks out of nowhere in April as a last resort.

For me it was totally the wrong decision to give him the captaincy. We need energy in midfield and if he’s playing too many matches by virtue of wearing our armband, then the squad vote has fucked us up. Give Foden a run, and watch him shine. Foden and KDB with Rodri behind them and Fernandinho in defence.
David Silva is not a captain ..or at the vety least should not be our captain.no idea why Pep left it to the players to decide who should be given the arm band and...i never agree with players deciding when they will leave a club..its a nonsense,,,the funeral procession until his last game is not,imo,conducive towards a ruthless non-sentimental,team selection policy....ive said before ... when Liverpool dominated our league throughout the 70s/80s the boot room approach did not allow for players resting on their laurels,however popular they were..they were replaced as soon as their performances demanded,and before any noticeable drop in quality..such a fall in quality should be picked up upon by management way before the average fan notices it.
Perhaps i,m wrong...and over-reacting to our first defeat since January,but tigerish,energetic but creative goal scoring midfielders goal scoring midfielders are what we are lacking at present...and that is something Foden can contribute,esp when you consider the lad scored almost as many goals as Silva last season.Its long over due for difficult decisions to be made..or,imo we will be losing two,not one brilliant midfielders this season.
The emergence of a goal scoring 16 yr old at Barcelona this season perhaps suggests that age should never be a bar to 1st team selection and is contrary to the often quoted view on these boards that Foden is too young to hold down a regular posistion in our side. If your good enough..your old enough..and ..if your 33 years of age you cannot expect to be playing every week in our midfield,in the premiership.

David Silva is not a captain ..or at the vety least should not be our captain.no idea why Pep left it to the players to decide who should be given the arm band and...i never agree with players deciding when they will leave a club..its a nonsense,,,the funeral procession until his last game is not,imo,conducive towards a ruthless non-sentimental,team selection policy....ive said before ... when Liverpool dominated our league throughout the 70s/80s the boot room approach did not allow for players resting on their laurels,however popular they were..they were replaced as soon as their performances demanded,and before any noticeable drop in quality..such a fall in quality should be picked up upon by management way before the average fan notices it.
Perhaps i,m wrong...and over-reacting to our first defeat since January,but tigerish,energetic but creative goal scoring midfielders goal scoring midfielders are what we are lacking at present...and that is something Foden can contribute,esp when you consider the lad scored almost as many goals as Silva last season.Its long over due for difficult decisions to be made..or,imo we will be losing two,not one brilliant midfielders this season.
The emergence of a goal scoring 16 yr old at Barcelona this season perhaps suggests that age should never be a bar to 1st team selection and is contrary to the often quoted view on these boards that Foden is too young to hold down a regular posistion in our side. If your good enough..your old enough..and ..if your 33 years of age you cannot expect to be playing every week in our midfield,in the premiership.
Dave was captain most of last season and the centurians season and we did ok

I don’t think he’ll play based on the armband. If he needs resting he will be rested. I think its more of a club captain role, he sets the expectations and is expected to lead in the dressing room.
I don’t think he’s the right person based on those requirements but that’s on how I see him from tv and media, I don’t know what he’s like in the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.