Norwich (a) post-match thread

I know the defending was bad but the biggest thing it showed yesterday was how we have no pace at the back, Walker a side we will get slaughtered against fast front men, the season is far from over bu5 as I say on the match day thread for me Tixi has to bear a lot of blame this is like the RVP in 2012 when we could’ve got him and pushed on to get the league in 2013, his refusal to get Maguire or a left footed centre half but buy a right back instead will come back to bite us. I’m hoping we can go on a big run now but this has shades of Peps first season where Bravo was left exposed many times due to bad defence decisions.

Travelled 400 miles for that yesterday but do you know what?
It was worth every penny to remind me that our great team is allowed an off day and I think some supporters need a reality check here. We have not got a divine right to win every game.
Personally i think the testimonial planning and the international week screwed us up yesterday.
Even if we win nothing this season the team has delivered more than we could every dream of in the last 2 years.
Some are acting like spoilt kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Travelled 400 miles for that yesterday but do you know what?
It was worth every penny to remind me that our great team is allowed an off day and I think some supporters need a reality check here. We have not got a divine right to win every game.
Personally i think the testimonial planning and the international week screwed us up yesterday.
How did what you suggest cause two centre backs to close down their brains to a point where panic and two left feet resulted in goals against us?

love the media reports this morning crisis sorry NO MAJOR CRISIS
ladies and gentlemen i give you the 2019/20 the premier league champions again liverpool ?? forget its a 38 game season just like last season and the other 30 liverpool have won at the start and mid-season and the run in ????

i will tall you what a crisis is, sitting 12th in the old 3rd division after getting beat at york city and without a pot to piss in, ask joe royle and his coaching staff what a crisis feels like, ask the players about crisis who was at the club at the time about getting paid peanuts, some was only there because nobody else wanted them and club could not afford anybody else that's a CRISIS

i made my vows to this club (manchester city) 20/10/1966
to have and to hold from this day forward, for better , for worse, for richer, for poorer

How did what you suggest cause two centre backs to close down their brains to a point where panic and two left feet resulted in goals against us?

I've no idea but players make mistakes.
I agree it was keystone cops but it's unfair to slate the team given the seasons we have had. We really needed to buy a new centre back and I fear it's going to cost us.
I also think he will break up stones and Ota and out Ferna with one of them.

I know the defending was bad but the biggest thing it showed yesterday was how we have no pace at the back, Walker a side we will get slaughtered against fast front men, the season is far from over bu5 as I say on the match day thread for me Tixi has to bear a lot of blame this is like the RVP in 2012 when we could’ve got him and pushed on to get the league in 2013, his refusal to get Maguire or a left footed centre half but buy a right back instead will come back to bite us. I’m hoping we can go on a big run now but this has shades of Peps first season where Bravo was left exposed many times due to bad defence decisions.

80mil for Maguire was/is madness. He was directly responsible for Palace’s first goal V United the other week - I’m not sure he’s an upgrade on Otemendi

Our entire first choice left side didn’t play yesterday, I’d that’s was part of the problem yesterday and we can’t go knocking out 70mil on a defender on the chance Laporte gets injured

On a wider point regards the squad, I think we are short at the back(Demichellis would be idea now) but have one too many in midfield which is hampering getting Foden in as more experienced players need keeping happy

I think Laporte being out is a huge problem. Firstly he covers for Zinchenko an awful lot, it’s like he plays 2 positions at times but means that Zinchenko doesn’t need to defend, which is good because he can’t. He is excellent in possession. When he gets the ball from Ederson he can pass the ball into the midfielders quickly and accurately. Otamendi and Stones are too slow in possession. And above all else he is a bloody good defender. With VVD the best in the league. The drop off to Stones and Otamendi it too big.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.