The back four isn’t title winning quality

Fuck me we like to flap don’t we. 5 games gone, lots of time to put it right lets not throw the towel in just yet people. Liverpool will have a couple, or more than a couple, of poor results in them.
Yeah well said - poor performance and result - bad mistakes but credit to Norwich too - they had injuries and came up with a plan that worked - remember last season dippers came to our place with a chance to go 10 points clear - we were without KDB Vinny and Mendy for most of last season and won 3 trophies - long way to go yet and after a loss we are capable of winning 10 games on the bounce - we have done it many times before so have faith in Pep

So we basically gambled our season on Laporte not getting injured!

Just like Liverpool do with Van Dijk, just like Barcelona do with Messi and just like City do with Aguero - the idea of having world class replacements isn’t realistic

Each of our or starting centre-backs are English league champions and experienced internationals. Trouble is, they’ve a fuck up in them. Whilst their mistakes are obvious, I’d take a long look at out (slow) midfield yesterday - we were asking to get pressed and most of our defensive players on the pitch are incapable of running back quickly

Was the decision to start Gundogan over KDB that lost us that game, produced absolutely nothing in his sixty mins, but saying that KDB wasn't much better. But it really is a no brainer isn't it, you always start with your best eleven?.

Was the decision to start Gundogan over KDB that lost us that game, produced absolutely nothing in his sixty mins, but saying that KDB wasn't much better. But it really is a no brainer isn't it, you always start with your best eleven?.
No, with or without KDB we should beat Norwich, we have a big squad and we need to use it. Bad day at the office we’ve had them before we’ll have them again, you probably flapped when Palace and Newcastle beat us last season. Can’t win them all.

Should never have been complacent enough to think the team didn't need another centre back.
Bang on mate. As soon as Vinny indicated to the club he was going a replacement should have been sought. That back four shambles yesterday was fucking schoolboy, Stones and Otamendi were actually pathetic.

Just painfully watched the game again. Oddly we had more than enough chances to win the game, as usual lots of shots and many corners. We lost in the end due to an error which can happen - the most surprising thing for me is the amount of passes from Walker, Zinchenko and Otamendi in particular that were overhit straight into touch - I counted at least six which is so unlike us. Guess it was just one of those days. It's early in the season and maybe, just maybe this game could prove pivotal as I'm sure it will be the kick up the arse we needed. Despite what Pep says publicly he will be fuming with the careless possession, I wouldn't want to be in his crossfire on Monday morning ha!

We were well beaten by a team who won promotion and had 10 1st team players unavailable from injury.

We were appalling, end of.

We have had a very slow, sloppy start to the season, hopefully yesterday was the almighty kick up the arse we needed.

I am sick of hearing fans saying about what we HAVE won, that is now in the past, we are only as good as our last game.

We were well beaten by a team who won promotion and had 10 1st team players unavailable from injury.

We were appalling, end of.

We have had a very slow, sloppy start to the season, hopefully yesterday was the almighty kick up the arse we needed.

I am sick of hearing fans saying about what we HAVE won, that is now in the past, we are only as good as our last game.
Thankfully we are far better than our last game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.