Norwich (a) post-match thread

It's been a few years now since City fans saw Ota's name on the team sheet without having concerns. He is the weakest at playing out. As Norwich's CBs showed us yesterday you don't have to be a big name to do it. Possibly one of our own young players could be used with no greater risk than using Ota?

Thinking back to the game I thought it at the time and having read through here it has been mentioned. I thought City looked they were playing a testimony or pre season. For some reason the whole team were well of the pace. Abit like Vinny testimony had taken their eye of the ball, I dont know what went on last week but something seemed amiss. Nothing against Vinny but perhaps in future testimony should be at the end of the season or mid pre season.
It looked like our intensity was missing having a testimony mid-week might have put the players minds (subconsciously) into holiday mode !!.
Yes I think laporte will be a big miss but it seemed the players believed the papers to much and lost confidence ......
Still onwards and upwards....

Last edited:
A worrying trend from the past two games is how easy Brighton and Norwich have beaten our press.

Teams seem to be goading us into closing them down by playing deeper and then passing through us.

It could possibly be down to the lack of pace/energy in the side yesterday but it is sOne thing Pep needs to sort out.
Brighton could not get out of their half. We conceded three soft goals that had zero to do with the press.

The problem is obvious, it's the central defenders, and you don't have to invent other issues.

Question is do we perist with Ota and Stones or change personnel? I'd change.

Hopefully this is the kick up the back-side we need and Pep will make the right decision. There are a lot of talented players to choose from.

We have forgotten about Garcia / Harwood-Bellis.

Pep needs to try one of Fern, Rodrigo, Garcia or Harwood Bellis in place of Ota.

There is little else to say.
I would go with that, Ota has a fuck up in him in most games and Stones then gets nervous. Just can't see Pep bringing one of the youngsters in though, especially as Foden can't even get a game and he's been around the first team for over a year now.

Travelled 400 miles for that yesterday but do you know what?
It was worth every penny to remind me that our great team is allowed an off day and I think some supporters need a reality check here. We have not got a divine right to win every game.
Personally i think the testimonial planning and the international week screwed us up yesterday.
Even if we win nothing this season the team has delivered more than we could every dream of in the last 2 years.
Some are acting like spoilt kids.
The day we start accepting defeats, and bad play, is the day to pack it in.

Foden must be looking at Chelsea yesterday. Abraham and some other youngsters getting game time and proving their worth at a tough away game. Now is the time to give Foden a run of games starting Wednesday. Foden’s energy rather than Gundo yesterday was what was needed as well as KDB. Really do not get why Pep does not trust him. If he doesn’t get game time soon then he may well consider his options. Not sure what has happened to Bernardo from being sensational last season to having a quiet start. Sterling also needs to focus again and get his head down. We need to buy a centre half but needs to be a leader as not seeing that right now. Think we should look at bringing Garcia into the squad remember him organising that back line when he played Pre-season games. We will know more about whether this was one of those games or not over the coming games. Like others hope this is not about focusing on the champs league. The good news is we have another game within a few days to try and put this behind us. Come on Pep give Foden a run of games we should be starting to make him a fundamental part of this team.

A worrying trend from the past two games is how easy Brighton and Norwich have beaten our press.

Teams seem to be goading us into closing them down by playing deeper and then passing through us.

It could possibly be down to the lack of pace/energy in the side yesterday but it is sOne thing Pep needs to sort out.

Shock horror after 3 seasons of being battered by Pep’s teams coaches come up with away to counter it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.