Eric Garcia

Garcia looks a very good player but has he got the physicality to play at centre half - for me no he hasnt...not tall or fast enough for this league to play there.

Don't hold your breath for any of the academy lads, that's just not how we operate now. We seem more concerned with placating senior players and managing their minutes than we do with giving a youngster a chance to light a fire under their arse.

foden should definitely be ahead of Gundogan if its in a more attacking role...he is braver with his decisions. Gundogan most of the time plays safe sideways nad backwards passes...we know he can play it forwards but he too often plays it safe....and as for his defensive side of his game foden is far more tenacious

The U23 have conceded many goals this season. Garcia and Harwood-Bellis would be a huge gamble at this point. We might struggle to get in the top 4 with them let alone compete for the title. Or we have given up after 5 games and let Liverpool have a free run to the title? What about having more trust in Pep and the team?
Even Pep makes mistakes.

I'm not even defending Otamendi. I suggested in Laporte's thread that we may need to play Walker at CB, especially against quicker forwards. Walker also makes mistakes but he started the season better than Ota.

Urghhh.

Eric Garcia is not the answer.

Trust me people.

What we need is height and strength.
5’10 CBs who are good at passing aren’t going to fix our problem.

We need at least one defender who can actually defend. Just one will do.

Urghhh.

Eric Garcia is not the answer.

Trust me people.

What we need is height and strength.
5’10 CBs who are good at passing aren’t going to fix our problem.

We need at least one defender who can actually defend. Just one will do.

Agree on this point. We have the smallest team in the league that look like conceding at every set piece - putting in a 5ft 10 CB is the worst possible solution. Plus the idea that we put kids in based on early pre season games is ridiculous.

We gambled that Laporte wouldn't get injured this season and that has blown up in our faces within 5 games. The Stones and Otamendi show yesterday was keystone cops embarrassing and the reality is there is not a chance we will challenge Liverpool for the league with those two as first choice for 7 months. Easy in hindsight - but we may only have 2 more years of Pep and 1 of those will be wasted cause we took a gamble going not replacing Kompany when 2 of the 3 CB choices cant be trusted.

I think if either Garcia or HB get a game they need a 'brain' player with them i.e. Fern.

As it is we need to stick with Stones/Ota at this stage of the season, they need time together & some work by Pep.

Play one of the kids at Preston with Fern maybe even a half each with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.