Manchester City fan charged with racially abusing Sterling

Dunno whether it’s Brexit, social media or something else but increasingly people seem to think it’s socially acceptable to be racist. I know there’s always been an undercurrent but it’s rapidly rising to the surface.
I think racism has always been there and i actually think it’s a hell of a lot less of a problem now than it was in the past. We've never lived in a more tolerant society and we have the most tolerant society in the world. It’s just that with social media, it’s noticed by millions when in the past it might have only been noticed by a handful of people.

At least it was others around him that saw it wasn't acceptable and reported it.

Although utterly shameful, this aspect of the incident is the one beacon of hope and silver lining and should therefore be emphasised and publicised with as much approbation as possible.

if someone has racially abused any of our players they should no longer be considered fans of MCFC (and this is at the very least the treatment they should receive) -

Is that cause all brexiters are racist?

No not at all. I think most racists are Brexiteers but absolutely no way do I think all those who support Brexit are racist. I think some of the stuff written on social media is a disgrace; the the social media platforms need to get real and deal with a problem that could ultimately destroy them if it’s not managed.

The only way I could ever imagine being annoyed with one of our own players for scoring, is if you had a bet on, say, 4-0 and he scored the 5th - but even then it would be mostly in jest.

Either way, no room for racists, this fella can fuck right off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.