Norwich (a) post-match thread

Another game where the opposition score from their only chances and our team waste many.

It was going to bite us eventually.

Judging by some opinions on here wouldn't be surprised if he were a City fan. Many posters on here know better than Pep.

I don't and never would think that I could out football Pep, but I do think yesterday and for the Bournmouth match he got it slightly wrong . At Bournemouth he went with Gundog and without a central defensive midfielder, neither Ferdi or Rodri, We saw that one through and looked comfy after an hour when the brought Rodri on. But yesterday the damage had been done before Gundog went and Kev came on. Pep does seem to have a soft spot for Gundog, but I am one that thinks, put out your best eleven.

Brighton could not get out of their half. We conceded three soft goals that had zero to do with the press.

The problem is obvious, it's the central defenders, and you don't have to invent other issues.

Question is do we perist with Ota and Stones or change personnel? I'd change.

Hopefully this is the kick up the back-side we need and Pep will make the right decision. There are a lot of talented players to choose from.

It's too early to be calling for change but the whole team needs to pick it up quickly and give this CB pairing chance to bed back in.

Ota was arguably the best performing CB in the league two season back and, IMO, too many have a fixed and incorrect view of Stones. Yesterday Stones only lost one duel out of the tackles and duels he was involved in.

Stones needs a run of games and they need a run of games as a pair.

Ota has to get back into playing on the left. The thing with Ota is that he takes some risks and so he will have moments, like he did on the second goal; however the worst error there, in a series of failures, was Walker playing them onside. The mistake for the third though is something that absolutely should not happen; especially when it's clear that Stones is telling Ota to get the ball back to Eddie.

Ota's pass to Stones that nearly led to us gifting them a goal just before that is also something that he has to be taking more care over and is addressable. Let's not get too negative though on that score: Ota and then Stones had the best pass completion of all bar one of our outfield players yesterday (Gundo had 100% pass completion).

w
Wonder whats the total shot conversion stats against us this season. We conceded 10 goals in 5 games, wonder how many shots was that coming from, and how many of those were on target shots.

Must be a magical conversion rate I mean on average by our 5 opponents so far. And that needs to be sorted as in CL later stages that is going to cost us the the whole thing again.

It's too early to be calling for change but the whole team needs to pick it up quickly and give this CB pairing chance to bed back in.

Ota was arguably the best performing CB in the league two season back and, IMO, too many have a fixed and incorrect view of Stones. Yesterday Stones only lost one duel out of the tackles and duels he was involved in.

Stones needs a run of games and they need a run of games as a pair.

Ota has to get back into playing on the left. The thing with Ota is that he takes some risks and so he will have moments, like he did on the second goal; however the worst error there, in a series of failures, was Walker playing them onside. The mistake for the third though is something that absolutely should not happen; especially when it's clear that Stones is telling Ota to get the ball back to Eddie.

Ota's pass to Stones that nearly led to us gifting them a goal just before that is also something that he has to be taking more care over and is addressable. Let's not get too negative though on that score: Ota and then Stones had the best pass completion of all bar one of our outfield players yesterday (Gundo had 100% pass completion).

Good post, what was worrying for me with stones and Oto was there awareness around them but that game will hopefully be a wake up call.

Zinchenko is a good left back. But he needs a solid centre half behind/inside him when we defend high up the pitch. Otamendi can't double as a left back. Remenber, Zinchenko and Otamendi didn't work in 2017 so Delph got the job.
He's not a good left back, he's an adequate left midfielder. Not having a good covering player doesn't explain some of his passing errors.

He's not a good left back, he's an adequate left midfielder. Not having a good covering player doesn't explain some of his passing errors.

Agree with this. He also slows our attaching play right down. Bursts forward then checks back 100% of the time by which time the opposition are all back covering and any opportunity to expose them on a break is gone. We need Mendy back and at his best ASAP. Zin has been brilliant getting us out of a whole by filling in but we need to have proper defenders in place now as us conceding goals when the other side don't even have many shots is becoming a dreadful habit.

After the Newcastle game which was mirrored yesterday I think Pep read them the riot act as the run we went in was unreal, as long as we are within 2 points of Liverpool when we play them I’ll be happy beat them and then we will carry on the momentum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.