Manchester City fan charged with racially abusing Sterling

Dunno whether it’s Brexit, social media or something else but increasingly people seem to think it’s socially acceptable to be racist. I know there’s always been an undercurrent but it’s rapidly rising to the surface.

When terms like “breaking point” and “send them back” are deemed acceptable by politicians and the US President, is it any surprise when Joe Bloggs starts saying similar?

People talk about ‘political correctness’ and the like but there was a reason for it - it kept the racists out of the mainstream. But now they are back, and will be for a long while yet

Our great club has been a league of nations for 50 years since the signing of kazia Deyna ( apologies for spelling ) not to mention all the black lads such as Roger Palmer and Dave Bennet wore the sky blue shirt with pride, never mind the afro carribean support from moss side, LONG LIVE the COOL CATS

Dunno whether it’s Brexit, social media or something else but increasingly people seem to think it’s socially acceptable to be racist. I know there’s always been an undercurrent but it’s rapidly rising to the surface.

It's absolutely fuck all to do with Brexit and everything to do with the anonymity of social media.

Trying to blame brexit is a toxic opinion which should have no place on the football board imo

Our great club has been a league of nations for 50 years since the signing of kazia Deyna ( apologies for spelling ) not to mention all the black lads such as Roger Palmer and Dave Bennet wore the sky blue shirt with pride, never mind the afro carribean support from moss side, LONG LIVE the COOL CATS
If I remember correctly, our first black player was Stan Horne. He was from South Africa, classed by their apartheid system as "cape coloured". (And thereby hangs a sad story).
Stan played as a wing half for us in the mid sixties. I don't recall even one mention of his colour while standing on the old Kippax. Was he any good? He tried hard.

It's absolutely fuck all to do with Brexit and everything to do with the anonymity of social media.

Trying to blame brexit is a toxic opinion which should have no place on the football board imo

How the fuck is it to do with social media when someone racially abuses a player during a live match? What social media or animosity aspect does that have?

Of course Brexit, Trump etc has a lot to do with the racists crawling out the woodwork. You’re right that social media provides another platform for these twats to voice their idiotic opinions though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.