The back four isn’t title winning quality

Totally agree, hence my worry pre season that we did not strengthen the defence.

We played Kompany at the business end of last season and he was outstanding, especially his leadership qualities. Pep picked him above John Stones for a reason.

The captain needed to be replaced and we did not, something in my opinion we will live to regret, and that was even before Laporte's injury.

agreed - we should have done but I also agree on the club not paying the fee for Maguire...it was a ridiculous amount of money and despite our current injury situation I belive the club did right in not paying it. We need to find a cheaper alternative however and i think this is where the struggle is and it comes down to foreign spots vs English players (could be wrong as Ive never really understood it!!!)

agreed - we should have done but I also agree on the club not paying the fee for Maguire...it was a ridiculous amount of money and despite our current injury situation I belive the club did right in not paying it. We need to find a cheaper alternative however and i think this is where the struggle is and it comes down to foreign spots vs English players (could be wrong as Ive never really understood it!!!)
The Maguire fee was crazy, but so is the fee for any CB who is at the quality we will be looking for.

The Maguire fee was crazy, but so is the fee for any CB who is at the quality we will be looking for.

thats why im thinking we need to look abroad at someone who is not at a big club (a rough diamond so to speak or a young an upcoming player who fits the physical requirements ) - thought like i said - not sure we can with the foreign quota thing....

thats why im thinking we need to look abroad at someone who is not at a big club (a rough diamond so to speak or a young an upcoming player who fits the physical requirements ) - thought like i said - not sure we can with the foreign quota thing....
I think it's to much of an important position to buy potential, we have that in Garcia etc, we need to buy a top quality CB to pair with Laporte and if he has leadership skills as well even better.
But it will cost an absolute fortune and in the next window or even next summer make the Maguire fee look small.

The same back four have won the league. I’m sorry but threads like this are ridiculous !!

Shall we just replace every back four we have when we lose a game ???

We’ve lost one game. I wonder how you reacted when we were actually shit. Fair weather fan having a meltdown when we lose...

Peps good but he cant compensate for players such as Stones and Ota not being good enough and in shit form.

You get a feel for these things over the years and I honestly cant see us winning the league.

Just glad Laportes back for CL qualifiers (hopefully) as I want that this season.Once we eventually win it I would play the youth team in it, fcuk UEFA.

Peps good but he cant compensate for players such as Stones and Ota not being good enough and in shit form.

You get a feel for these things over the years and I honestly cant see us winning the league.

Just glad Laportes back for CL qualifiers (hopefully) as I want that this season.Once we eventually win it I would play the youth team in it, fcuk UEFA.

We’ve lost one game. Get a sense of perspective. Were you like this last year when we lost or any other year?? Barely even a few games into the season yet.

The same defenders aswel were crucial when we got 100 points

We’ve just won the domestic treble and after one loss we’re now doomed apparently

We’ve lost one game. Get a sense of perspective. Were you like this last year when we lost or any other year?? Barely even a few games into the season yet.

We’ve just won the domestic treble and after one loss we’re now doomed apparently
The run in that took us to the title was with Kompany and Laporte as our CB's.

Stones has gone MIA in our last two seasons and Otto has always had mistakes in him.

We had VK and Laporte last season and the one before. Stones and Ota always have a mistake in them and unless Ferna can step up and do a VK/Laporte controlling job then I fear the worse as Garcia and Harwood are not ready yet.

I am just realistic, not a knicker wetter, time will tell who is right but believe me I hope I am wrong I really do.

The same back four have won the league. I’m sorry but threads like this are ridiculous !!

Shall we just replace every back four we have when we lose a game ???

We’ve lost one game. I wonder how you reacted when we were actually shit. Fair weather fan having a meltdown when we lose...

Laporte and VK were the CB's last season.

Otamendi and Stones were dropped for a reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.