The back four isn’t title winning quality

The same group of players have won the league previously though and shown they are winning material. Your overacting after losing one game.

Can we never lose a game now or are you going to have a meltdown when we do ?? What were you like last season when we lost a game ?
It's a legitimate question to consider whether Stones and Otamendi are going to work. I'm not convinced by either. ALongside a Kompany or Laporte they are fine. Together they worry me.

A few wins will probably put my fears to bed, but for the moment I am not sure.

Obviously Vinny wasn't a regular but he did have an immense determined, winning personality. We've lost two big club characters in him and Delphino. Got to have some subconscious effect.
Also Klopp ain't leaving Klanfield until he retires or is eventually sacked - we have a genius Manager, but we and the players know he's off soon - can't be the best situation conducive to continued success

Ederson
Walker Stones Otamendi Zinchenko
Fernandinho Rodri
Bernardo KDB Sterling
Agüero

That is our best team at the moment. We have insufficient evidence on Mendy, Cancelo, Angelino.

With Dinho in midfield there'd be less pressure on the defence. But up front still plenty of fire power. KdB playing more of a 10 would score a shed load.

I have defended Stones to the hilt but there is one thing he can't seem to eradicate from his game, which is his willingness to put his foot in and be physical.

He clearly held back from a solid 50/50 on the halfway line yesterday, seemingly worried about getting hurt.

Yes it could have cost us a goal but Pukki cocked it up although made amends minutes later from our mistake. Stones for me I see him being replaced. The weaknesses in his game haven't improved in his time here and that includes three years under the best coach in the world. Bullied too easily, backs off his man too much and positionally unaware. Add to that injury prone. The level we are at and where we still want to be, ie dominating Europe as well as domestically we have to be ruthless. Both him and Otamendi have of course contributed to our recent success but it's now time to move on and upgrade if we want to keep on improving and dominating.

we were clueless, ran out of ideas, Norwich deserved the points. Not often we can say but the lot of em were poor, some more than others. Thought we improved slightly when kev came on. Why didn't he start is the question. Did he have a knock, if so excepted, if not?

If we start playing Garcia as a 1st choice, the title will be over by Oct.

We have to get these guys into form.
Not asking for him to be put first choice, I think he should be given his opportunity I think he deserves his chance to show how good he is, If he doesn't play in this period with Laporte out and only two recognised centre backs then when will he ever play?
He's possibly more vocal and more of a leader than than Stones and Otamendi.
It's time to give youngsters a chance, Not just because of yesterday but because they deserve a chance to shine.

Yes it could have cost us a goal but Pukki cocked it up although made amends minutes later from our mistake. Stones for me I see him being replaced. The weaknesses in his game haven't improved in his time here and that includes three years under the best coach in the world. Bullied too easily, backs off his man too much and positionally unaware. Add to that injury prone. The level we are at and where we still want to be, ie dominating Europe as well as domestically we have to be ruthless. Both him and Otamendi have of course contributed to our recent success but it's now time to move on and upgrade if we want to keep on improving and dominating.
This would be a major concern before we have replaced Kompany we may also need to recruit for Stones and Otto perhaps. That would be a massive rebuild imo and not sure if its feasible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.