Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what you said. You said he picked the wrong team with a strong hint of why rest key players when the CL group is so weak. Fuck all to do with the dippers

I meant that the league game was more important because of the fact Liverpool keep winning and we could make changes in Europe if necessary. I wouldn't like to see that pace less midfield again personally and would prefer Bernado or Foden in there if we don't play KDB.

I meant that the league game was more important because of the fact Liverpool keep winning and we could make changes in Europe if necessary. I wouldn't like to see that pace less midfield again personally and would prefer Bernado or Foden in there if we don't play KDB.

Gen Q. Before kick off, did you genuinely believe the team Pep put out would lose and was therefore the wrong team?

Pep will not take any risks imo on Wed. First qual game at home will be a must win

Gen Q. Before kick off, did you genuinely believe the team Pep put out would lose and was therefore the wrong team?

No, to be honest I didn't think we'd lose but would have preferred to have seen a stronger more energetic line up. Oh well we move on.

Roma struggled against them in the knockout stages 2 years ago, they drew both games with Lyon last season. In particular at their ground they are not easy to beat. Pep called our performance there one of the best ever under him. Let's not be arrogant. Arrogance didn't help us yesterday.

So I can't base last season on them being rubbish but you can to say that they are good? Top banter

So I can't base last season on them being rubbish but you can to say that they are good? Top banter

You are basing your opinion on two games in which they had many injuries.

It's like Lyon fans saying about us "City are rubbish, managed only a draw against us over two games."

I'm always getting it in the neck when team news comes out but dave gundy and rodders was asking for trouble,even with their injuries i said their manager wouldn't play for a 0-0,he is instilling a style and would have a go,gundy doesn't defend,dave god bless him is better with kev and rodders was left to defend the midfield on his own,add to that the players thinking it would be a piss of piss and passed it slower than my dead mum and viola

He should have come on against Brighton and he should have started yesterday as we lacked any type of creativity yesterday in the first half. I love Pep as I said, but after 3+ years he has still not promoted youth. Yes Foden has played a handful of games but I expect more.
There is the chance that he feels Foden isn’t good enough.

While he scored and had some good touches against Spurs last season, his general contribution to the game was minimal and he only had about 40 touches in the game and second half he wasn’t involved at all and he was oiked. He started against Rotherham in the cup and was only involved with 38 touches of the ball. Even against Newport, when he scored and assisted, he only started to have an impact on the game once Newport tired.

That’s not enough, and you can’t just hand places out just because it’d be nice to play a youth product.

Now yesterday, Gundo’s contribution was minimal and he shouldn’t be playing in attacking mid for me. But I’d still obviously rather play de Bruyne but I’d also rather play Mahrez wide and Bernardo centrally than play Foden.

I don’t have any criticism for sitting KDB, even though I wouldn't have, but how is it we're still giving up exactly the same near-post set piece goal? Do we work on set pieces at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.