Norwich (a) post-match thread

There is only so long Foden will sit on that bench, he needs to be given a run of games starting on Saturday against Watford. We needed energy and creativity in the midfield yesterday and we play Gundogan. He needs to be given his chance like other players. Absolute waste of a huge talent sat on that bench and I know who I would prefer to see play.

Versus Spurs and Norwich

For 55 shots 4 goals
Against 6 shots 5 goals

Crazy stats

Otamendi looked drugged up after their third today. Nobbled????
As you point out if our attack actually manage to hit the target we would probably score more goals.
The opponents can do it yet we claim our attack is world class.

A night to forget.

Woeful all around. Defending was amateur. The whole back 4 was terrible. Complacency is setting in. I hope Pep makes the necessary changes.

Lost to Norwich after the majority was expecting us to score more than 4 goals. Embarrassing performance.

But at least we got it out early. Let’s hope it doesn’t happen again. On to the next one.

Who is turning? I am speaking as I saw it, did we turn up today? No, did stones and otamendi have a good game no? And why oh why was sterling marking the goalscorer on the corner? Why did kev not start? A lot of questions need answering from today's game

Suddenly “ a lot of questions need answering”.

So many folk on here seem to know better than Pep . Perhaps before the game, he thought we’d be better than an injury hit Norwich so - thinking about the mid-week CL game, he’d rest KDB who had played 2 international games.

However as football often works out - it didn’t go the way we expected and now YOU can - with hindsight - question the team selection.

You’re wasted on here mate. Having said that, I think it’s not unreasonable for Pep to let down the likes of you, just once in 2 winning seasons.

He couldn't wave his magic wand in the first season. It turned out there was no solution until the transfer window opened.

This time we have Rodrigo, Fernandinho, and two young central defenders. The problem is that they will have to slot in alongside Stones who has the ability but has yet to show much authority.

I think Pep might well keep faith with Ota and Stones for a fortnight or so.
He has no real alternative other than playing Fern or a kid.Might go three at the back with Mendy and Cancelo but not sure that would work. Not great options really. I think we should set up more defensively and play more direct but Pep is not likely to see things that way.

Suddenly “ a lot of questions need answering”.

So many folk on here seem to know better than Pep . Perhaps before the game, he thought we’d be better than an injury hit Norwich so - thinking about the mid-week CL game, he’d rest KDB who had played 2 international games.

However as football often works out - it didn’t go the way we expected and now YOU can - with hindsight - question the team selection.

You’re wasted on here mate. Having said that, I think it’s not unreasonable for Pep to let down the likes of you, just once in 2 winning seasons.

I think lots would have questioned KDB's omission, prior to kick off.

He has no real alternative other than playing Fern or a kid.Might go three at the back with Mendy and Cancelo but not sure that would work. Not great options really. I think we should set up more defensively and play more direct but Pep is not likely to see things that way.

Pretty sure Pep can do pragmatism when necessary, but I doubt he is likely to change all his principles in the way you suggest , and neither do you clearly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.