Norwich (a) post-match thread

How about looking "how good we had it" between kick-off and final whistle yesterday. This is a post-match thread, not a season so far thread, a last season and this season thread, or a bloody last two seasons thread. It's about yesterday's game alone.
Indeed but it also becomes a chance to reflect and project. People are right to point out that we overcame a bad mid season slump last season to triumph. However, there are differences currently which give rise to some concerns. I would say that on the basis of yesterdays performance we would struggle against the dippers if we played them next week. But we play in Europe and Watford so its a chance to find solutions.

At 2.30pm, I drove past the Etihad & for some strange reason I had a feeling of foreboding. I said to my mate, 'I've got a bad feeling about today', so much so, that I was in no rush to get home & watch the match (albeit I had it recorded). This wasn't like me.

Several weeks ago there was a very heated argument about us going through the season with only 3 senior CB's & having to rely on Fernandinho & the kids. I held out then & I say it now, that this wasn't a risk a title & trophy chasing team should take. Unfortunately, all the happy clappy 'stop flapping' 'It'll all be OK' seems to have turned to shit 6 weeks into the season.

There's a long way to go, & many points to be won & lost. I don't know if we dropped out of the Maguire chase because players have to demonstrate they want to play for us, we thought Maguire wasn't worth £80m, or that we didn't have it within our budget because of FFP, but as I thought, not replacing Kompany could come right back & bite us on the arse.

We've not looked ourselves so far this season, & Pep said, that before the International break is still like pre-season for us. If this is the case, we've lost our first match, & we need to get back to our ruthless selves ASAP.

On the bright side, we'll now begin to learn what our team is about, & whether our youth policy is worth a wank. Yesterday was a bad day at the office, but the hurt we're all feeling will hopefully jolt us into realising there really are no easy games in the PL.

Suddenly “ a lot of questions need answering”.

So many folk on here seem to know better than Pep . Perhaps before the game, he thought we’d be better than an injury hit Norwich so - thinking about the mid-week CL game, he’d rest KDB who had played 2 international games.

However as football often works out - it didn’t go the way we expected and now YOU can - with hindsight - question the team selection.

You’re wasted on here mate. Having said that, I think it’s not unreasonable for Pep to let down the likes of you, just once in 2 winning seasons.
Show me where the team selection is questioned? I said we didn't turn up, and why was sterling marking the goalscorer on the corner? And stones and otamendi ain't good enough, but as we have no centre halves so they had to play, only thing I questioned was why did de-bruyne not start which most people on here think he should have started, and sterling played 2 internationals but still started so that bit about kev can't be the reason can it

Show me where the team selection is questioned? I said we didn't turn up, and why was sterling marking the goalscorer on the corner? And stones and otamendi ain't good enough, but as we have no centre halves so they had to play, only thing I questioned was why did de-bruyne not start which most people on here think he should have started, and sterling played 2 internationals but still started so that bit about kev can't be the reason can it

Think you answered your own question - if we had won & KDB had picked up an injury prior to our CL match, you would have been asking why Pep didn’t play Foden.

As I’ve already said - hindsight (sigh). Easy to be a manager after the event

Last edited:
Think you answered your own question - if we had won & KDB had picked up an injury prior to our CL match, you would have been asking why Pep didn’t play Foden.

As I’ve already said - hindsight (sigh). Easy to be a manager after the event
Yes out first champions league game, which even if we drew or lost we have time to put it right, fall to far behind in the Prem and we might not be able to claw it back

What an overreaction from 80% of the posters. This happens. Yes, we needed a new CB but you can hardly blame Pep for that. Watching the «told you so - Sterling is overrated» posts also made me cringe. This is not RedCafe.
Got wum all over it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.