John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep will have to stick with him while Laporte is out because dropping him for Fernandinho would destroy his confidence.

His form will improve over the next few months the more he plays but I get the feeling this could be his last season at the club unless there's significant progression in his game.
I doubt that. He’s homegrown and we’d have to go out and spend £100m on someone like Michael fucking Keane to replace him. Rather just keep him. It’s Otamendi that will leave.

I doubt that. He’s homegrown and we’d have to go out and spend £100m on someone like Michael fucking Keane to replace him. Rather just keep him. It’s Otamendi that will leave.
A few foreign spots will open up in the squad next summer so I doubt we'd be in for overpriced British players like Maguire this time.

no need to compromise on outfield players, just bin bravo off and sign back up HG keeper and then replace both Otamendi and Stones.

A few foreign spots will open up in the squad next summer so I doubt we'd be in for overpriced British players like Maguire this time.
Yeah but the fact is we still need a handful of English players who are good enough to hold down spots in the squad, even if it's just for flexibility's sake. Even if we buy in the summer I would be shocked if he didn't stick around even if he's third or fourth choice. It's not like there would be a huge market for him regardless.

Yeah but the fact is we still need a handful of English players who are good enough to hold down spots in the squad, even if it's just for flexibility's sake. Even if we buy in the summer I would be shocked if he didn't stick around even if he's third or fourth choice. It's not like there would be a huge market for him regardless.

It's about time we start producing and then showing a bit of faith in some of our own. Shouldnt have to be shackled by our need to BUY homegrown players

Let me get this right, so you are blaming Otamendi for the silly pass from John Stones?
The pass was not the problem. Our defenders make that pass countless times per game. Compare it to Danilo's pass to Dinho at Newcastle - that was a bad pass that was at fault for a mistake; Dinho was surrounded by Newcastle players and in a bad position to receive the ball. Stones' pass should've had a bit more weight on it but Ota still had enough time and space to pass it back to Ederson.

Stones was equally culpable for the 3rd goal as otamendi. You have to understand the limitations of your teammates and Otamendi isn't a ball playing centre back. Stones had to take responsibility for playing a decent ball in that situation but instead sold Otamendi an underhit 5-yard hospital pass.

Looks a broken man. Our David Luiz.

Stones was equally culpable for the 3rd goal as otamendi. You have to understand the limitations of your teammates and Otamendi isn't a ball playing centre back. Stones had to take responsibility for playing a decent ball in that situation but instead sold Otamendi an underhit 5-yard hospital pass.

Looks a broken man. Our David Luiz.
suggest you watch it again Otta is dozing and takes a touch, you might as well blame Pep for not shouting loud enough to wake him up, Stones did not have the best of games but he was not at fault for any of the goals

Pep will have to stick with him while Laporte is out because dropping him for Fernandinho would destroy his confidence.

I don't mean this to be insensitive but this is the start of his seventh season in the Premier League and third with Pep. He isn't a young player anymore. I know he's had some issues off the pitch and these guys are real people too but at some point "confidence issues" is just code for "not very good". He needs to start delivering soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.