Benidorm

Ok then, for what its worth here's my take on it.

Been a few times now mostly on lad's weekends. And off there again next week for 7 nights.

I stayed in the Hellios last year, the rooms are good as are the facilities, the Brits in the hotel were in the minority but that's not always a bad thing.
Wasn't overly impressed with the food at the hotel but it wan't bad, we preferred to go to the White Lion on the beach front for Breakfast.
The location is fantastic if you want the main strip as it it pretty much 300 yards away but you don't get the noise or the hustle an bussle.

As a family holiday i wouldn't recommend it as there doesn't seem much there to occupy the kids.
If you are going for a break with the missus and some friends then it's good and there are some nice places to eat and drink especially in the Old town.
If you are going on the piss with your mates and are just after a good laugh then you can't beat it, start in the Old Town and then get to the strip around 11.
Like everywhere there are people who go over the top and you will find trouble if you go looking for it, if you like live music then you have a massive choice but i would recommend getting down to Jailhouse Rock to watch Carnaby Street, all Madness, the Jam, Oasis etc.. Morgans Tavern or ( Neptunes if you watch Benidorm on the TV ) as always good for a night out as well.

Basically whatever you want you will find, go with an open mind and enjoy yourself.
Thanks for the detailed post mate. For £120 it's a no brainer really seeing as my mate reckons he paid £450. But it does depend on whether he gets his passport back on me going. If I don't go I'll probably look to go to Turkey again for a week if I can find a bargain tempting enough.

Go for it mate,i have been the last four years with mates,it is what you make it.
We stayed at the Helios this July,its a top hotel.

Ok then, for what its worth here's my take on it.

Been a few times now mostly on lad's weekends. And off there again next week for 7 nights.

I stayed in the Hellios last year, the rooms are good as are the facilities, the Brits in the hotel were in the minority but that's not always a bad thing.
Wasn't overly impressed with the food at the hotel but it wan't bad, we preferred to go to the White Lion on the beach front for Breakfast.
The location is fantastic if you want the main strip as it it pretty much 300 yards away but you don't get the noise or the hustle an bussle.

As a family holiday i wouldn't recommend it as there doesn't seem much there to occupy the kids.
If you are going for a break with the missus and some friends then it's good and there are some nice places to eat and drink especially in the Old town.
If you are going on the piss with your mates and are just after a good laugh then you can't beat it, start in the Old Town and then get to the strip around 11.
Like everywhere there are people who go over the top and you will find trouble if you go looking for it, if you like live music then you have a massive choice but i would recommend getting down to Jailhouse Rock to watch Carnaby Street, all Madness, the Jam, Oasis etc.. Morgans Tavern or ( Neptunes if you watch Benidorm on the TV ) as always good for a night out as well.

Basically whatever you want you will find, go with an open mind and enjoy yourself.
Love Carnaby Street
Beni is great, gotta have your wits about you 4 nights is just enough

If I don't go I'll probably look to go to Turkey again for a week if I can find a bargain tempting enough.

I fly to Istanbul in November for something daft like £80.

There’s surely better places to go for a jolly than Benidorm? Despite never going, I’ve seen enough of it on the telly to see it resembles hell on earth. Classless activities.

It's an incredible place that encompasses so many things to so so many people and reputedly has the best beach in all of Europe and the most pristinely and regularly combed in all the world. We had our Honeymoon in 1980 at the Reymar Riviera which is still going strong and now the Ambassador Player and the Levante beach where we watched our son take his first steps. We have had some incredible family holidays in the dorm and something for everybody to get their teeth into whether for family fun or music aficionados.

But it's not just Benidorm but the whole Playa Blanca region that so encapsulate that moment in time so vividly as ever a place could. Villajoyosa the charming yet quintessential Spanish village a few cliks south of the dorm with it's white washed villas and ecliptic charm. The fabled limon express train ride though the orange and lemon groves and the hair raising trip up to Guadalst'e (village of the Eagles) perched high on a mountain top and bearing witness to the goodness that emanates from the region. Alicant'e the capital with it's beautiful sandy beaches and strong proud castlilo de santa barbra paying homage to it's minions ..If you're scared of heights - avoid. It's a fabulous castle with an unbelievable view of the city of Alicante and surrounding areas and out over the sea. Great historical visit and places to eat and drink inside. Also, a high speed elevator from ground level to ease the burden.

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Attracti..._Blanca_Province_of_Alicante_Valencian_C.html

The busy British side of the dorm is based in Levante and the rincoin de loix but not forgetting the old town renowned for piehella and it's fish dishes and the poniente or sunset beach attracting quieter clientel from nordic climes..

If you are of to the British side then a few of my own personal favourites are the western saloon uncle peds Yorkshire pride for the best steak ale pie peas and gravy in town . So many many fine tribute bands and I could chat shit all day long about this destination but know thy limits they say as I have no penchant to bore the trews of anyone.

You don't get this in the Waldorf

Ambience to die for

Incredible skillset !

Last edited:
Benidorm can be as nice or as skanky as you want it to be
The beach is lovely. When you're sat on it and looking out at sea you could be anywhere in the world . When you turn round that's when you realise you're in "Beni"
Old town can be really nice. If you want to go all nostalgic and a bit "brits abroad " get down to Cafe Benidorm, but only on a Friday of Saturday as the other nights it's dead
For £120 you really can't go wrong and I envy the fact you can do that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.