The Quality of Our Press Has Gone Down - Agree / Disagree?

Yeah good points,but for me stones and Otamendi are good defenders along side Laporte or kompany but for me together it’s a bit of a car crash,time will tell,but have to say in the first time in a long time every time Norwich attacked I was worried it was gonna lead to a goal ..
Defo car crash at the back time,buckle up!

Watch the full 90 minutes back from yesterday and watch how good our press was from the first kick off. It was excellent.

However, Norwich were fantastic at not panicking and played out from our press. It’s the best passing out against our press I’ve seen for a long time.

So we backed off with it until the last twenty minutes.

Watch the full game against Spurs back. Our press was immense in that game too.

I don’t think we have . We have brought down to earth because the players believed they only had to turn up to win and it has shown all season. Normally a 60percent City is good enough to get a win but that’s with a full defence but Norwich came to compete . I do believe if it had gone on for 5 more mins it would have been a draw. Not much wrong with the pressing style but more to do with the players mind

To be honest, it’s not surprising the same intensity isn’t there and I expect similar from time to time.

It seemed almost the moment the final whistle went at Southampton in centurions season, the narrative coming out of everyone at the club was how the Prem had not been retained for years and we’d never retained the league. Kompany was relentless.

Unless I’m mistaken I’ve not heard much about 3 in a row. The noise seems to be about the CL and that was the challenge Kompany set them. It proves how ridiculous our last 2 seasons were. You only have to be a little bit off in this league.

We’re always going to have periods when the intensity drops, it’s usually when we’re a couple of goals up and can relax. Yesterday was just a mix of a lack of pace and intensity in the middle of the pitch (Aguero, Silva and Gundogan), it’s not their natural talent. One of KDB, Bernardo or Foden simply has to start in that triangle, we can get away with two of the three but not all three now unfortunately, not against teams who are prepared to take a chance and play.

We’re always going to have periods when the intensity drops, it’s usually when we’re a couple of goals up and can relax. Yesterday was just a mix of a lack of pace and intensity in the middle of the pitch (Aguero, Silva and Gundogan), it’s not their natural talent. One of KDB, Bernardo or Foden simply has to start in that triangle, we can get away with two of the three but not all three now unfortunately, not against teams who are prepared to take a chance and play.
Spot on

Some of the football Norwich played to break our pres in first 15-20 minutes was as good as we ever played in same situations. It was EXCELLENT for a team of their stature and with so many injuries. In one particular instance, we pressed with 4-5 players and it was joy too watch how good they broke that pressure from the left side of their defence.

Their manager is one to watch. I don't expect him to stay there longer than this season. Looking how Silva is doing, wouldn't surprise me if Everton comes calling.

Last edited:
His Bayern team were excellent at pressing. I don't think we have been at that level in terms of pressing.

If we want to press the best possible way then KDB and Bernardo should play as 8s and Jesus on the wing and Sterling on other side with Aguero in the middle. think thats our best pressing team. Foden is also excellent at it

Playing Gundogan, Silva at the same time is disastrous for it

Saved me a post

One bad game...

Ridiculous pre-season,players not in top shape yet

Stopped reading at drop sergio
What was wrong with pre season, most of the players were not there, the heat would have got shed the pounds and got them fitter quicker, and playing that Japaneses team was brilliant for getting upto speed ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.