Gundogan as an attacking midfielder

Those 14 games he played well, but City were in the ascendancy in those games. Bernardo was better than Gundogan in those 14 games. Where was he yesterday, he did nothing, but as I said earlier I am not blaming Gundogan for the defeat yesterday.

How were we in the ascendancy for a full 14 matches? That is just a way of devaluing his achievements. He was fantastic as a holding midfielder during that period and linking back to front and it is not coincidental that we looked rock solid at the back during that period.

I would prefer to see Foden given a chance in an advanced role over Gundog but that does not mean I will try to discredit his contributions during his time here.

How were we in the ascendancy for a full 14 matches? That is just a way of devaluing his achievements. He was fantastic as a holding midfielder during that period and linking back to front and it is not coincidental that we looked rock solid at the back during that period.

I would prefer to see Foden given a chance in an advanced role over Gundog but that does not mean I will try to discredit his contributions during his time here.
Well said that man.

In those 14 games we never looked like losing despite going behind at Brighton ( the only game in that run in we conceded the 1st goal) I am not saying Gundogan offers nothing, he clearly is a very good player but he lacks bravery and does not put his imprint on certain games when like yesterday we are struggling

Last edited:
In those 14 games we never looked like losing despite going behind at Brighton ( the only game in that run in we conceded the 1st goal) I am not saying Gundogan offers nothing, he clearly is a very good player but he lacks bravery and does not put his imprint on certain games when like yesterday we are struggling

We never looked like losing because we never looked like conceding and guess what the holding midfielder plays a huge contribution in that.

He impacted in all those matches.

We never looked like losing because we never looked like conceding and guess what the holding midfielder plays a huge contribution in that.

He impacted in all those matches.
What did you think of his contribution yesterday?

To me Gundog has all the ability necessary but perhaps lacks the force of personality and dynamism of a Gerard / KDB in the role he played at Norwich, and that I feel was contributory to the loss. There were numerous other problems but this thread is about Gundog.
It could well be that Phil F actually has the characteristics that Gundog lacks -the only way to find out is to take the leap of faith - our (English) league is much more emotional than Pep has experienced before and maybe even he (Pep) is still learning this - all I ever read about his leadership is based on cold hard facts and logic, maybe he should tap into the emotion, a bit Bin dipper I know but, I did hear Gnasher Klopp say that if they could have a big atmosphere for their early Saturday kick off then maybe they could do something (paraphrased but close) It seems to work for them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.