Manchester City fan charged with racially abusing Sterling

As you say the public were pissed off at the treatment of the Windrush generation.

Btw Ian Baldry was on the Rags vs Berties Facebook banter page. I thought his name rang a bell but I couldn’t place him.

He was on our programme page as well. We deleted him this morning. He has just deleted his Facebook account - 3500 friends and must have been known by a lot of blues.

He was on our programme page as well. We deleted him this morning. He has just deleted his Facebook account - 3500 friends and must have been known by a lot of blues.

Well, tbf, i'm surprised a number of fans didn't pull him up in the stands. But, i guess reporting him to stewrads is better than getting arrested for knocking folks out :)

This guy is in his fifties so I am amazed he hasn't been outed as a racist previously. It is doubtful it just happened, although experts do say radicalization can occur quickly. I have no sympathy for them they are scum who deserve banning and ostracizing.

This man was never going to sit there detailing racist views for hours on end. With most people, it’s subtle and hidden. It tends to come out in the heat of the moment too. I’ve heard racism at City for years and years. It’s nothing new.
I understand that, but I must have stood near him in well over 100 away games and would have thought this would come to light at some point, I have spoke another lad who was part of our group, he was as shocked about this as I am.

One thing it could have eventually happened is that he thought it might be funny to say get in you black ****, or something like that. It would be pretty stupid, but it's the only eventual rational excuse I could come with if he's not just a racist idiot.

We might never know the reasons for these incidents but I think BosnianBlue is along the right lines. The rise of intolerance with e.g. the hostile treatment of the Windrush Generation might be fuelling division in parts of society.

As I said, individuals have to be responsible for their own actions. We need all our fans to be getting behind the team next weekend as we look to bounce back against Watford.

It's impossible to point to a single factor, but let's not forget that an MP was literally murdered by a far right extremist on the same day Farage stood in front of a poster of people who weren't even a part of the EU. Brexit is complicated, and I can understand why some Brexit voters don't want to concede ground, but members of my own family have been radicalised by it and sticking your head in the ground will not help.

Does anyone know what he’s allegedly said or has actually said if it’s been proven? It seems a weird one if this bloke is so well known.

It's impossible to point to a single factor, but let's not forget that an MP was literally murdered by a far right extremist on the same day Farage stood in front of a poster of people who weren't even a part of the EU. Brexit is complicated, and I can understand why some Brexit voters don't want to concede ground, but members of my own family have been radicalised by it and sticking your head in the ground will not help.

For information, I’ve already dealt with a possible racist incident involving a City fan this season but thanks for your advice.

This page is really about football / City. Of course there are dangers from extreme right wing and left wing activists. I hope you can help your family moved on from being radicalised.

Does anyone know what he’s allegedly said or has actually said if it’s been proven? It seems a weird one if this bloke is so well known.

Is the wrong response.

Where race is concerned, minor things like establishing what happened, proof beyond reasonable doubt, common sense, tolerance and allowing for the possibility that the perpetrator made a mistake or is an idiot can all be safely disregarded.

The correct thing to do, just in case anyone thinks you're a racist, is to jump in as quickly as possible (some good examples on page one) and denounce the accused as 'racist scum'. If you go on to suggest some appropriate punishment like hanging (because murder isn't as bad as racism) people will be in no doubt that you're a good person (and definitely not a racist).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.