Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love his enthusiasm and his desire to stay and fight for his place, but think he's been found out as a left back, need Mendy back or see what Angelino is made of.

Salah can make the best left-backs in the league look silly so I think that is a particularly high bar

But the wider point stands. We can carry him and his faults when we’ve got Laporte behind him, a quick midfield and Sterling/Sane in front of him

Is Angelino actually any good or have we bought him with a few to selling him on than more than we bought him for? Rumours were PSG we’re looking at him for 20mil

I suspect we took advantage of Angelino’s price to buy him as an insurance policy, in the event of a calamitous pile of injuries, with a view to selling on if not required.

I dont think this is fair or accurate. He doesnt get a lot of assists, but if you watch a lot of our goals, he is involved in a lot of them 1 or 2 passes before the assist.

There is a statistical back up to that as well, if you care for stats.

We have a champions league left back that PSG were going to pay 25m for playing for the u23s and Cancelo who cost 60 on the bench because Pep prefers the trier over them. It's not because he tries hard, it's because - bad games like yesterday excepted - a good player at that position.
Everyone's entitled to their opinions of course, and I guess Pep's counts more than most on here ;-)

But regards the above, I just don't see it. He's involved in our goals in the same way a wall is involved in a nice move if you kick a ball against it.

He’s good at recycling possession and often makes a pre assist to sterling or silva

I think what’s happening this season is what happened with Delph. Had a good / great season when playing at his maximum possible level , probably because he’s determined to keep his place in the team . This season his level has dropped which means he’s not really good enough , he may get back to that level though

Angelino looked even more suspect than him defensively in pre season so I can’t see him being the answer , he’ll get a go in the cups though I would imagine

Let’s hope Mendy comes back soon ...
Not that Mendy can defend either mind you. But at least he offers some attacking threat.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions of course, and I guess Pep's counts more than most on here ;-)

But regards the above, I just don't see it. He's involved in our goals in the same way a wall is involved in a nice move if you kick a ball against it.
Come off it,i forget the game but this season he provided the pre assist through balls,for 2 goals,perfectly weighted

Love his enthusiasm and his desire to stay and fight for his place, but think he's been found out as a left back, need Mendy back or see what Angelino is made of.

Yesterday morning I was speaking to a blue and I said I have had doubts for a while about Zinchenko's ability to defend. I'm afraid I don't have great enthusiasm for either Mendy or Angelino, albeit Angelino's games were only pre-season. None of them however fill me with confidence in their defensive abilities, attacking abilities is a different matter, but primarily, when we are being attacked, it's down that right side, attacking team, right side, have got through.

Last edited:
Yesterday morning I was speaking to a blue and I said I have had doubts for a while about Zinchenko's ability to defend. I'm afraid I don't have great enthusiasm for either Mendy or Angelino, albeit Angelino's games were only pre-season. None of them however fill me with confidence in their defensive abilities, attacking abilities is a different matter, but primarily, when we are being attacked, it's down that right side teams have got through.
Benny has got better the longer he doesn't play..

Again a bunch of laughable responses here again.

We played poorly as a group. But if we are looking for scapegoats there simply isn't one here.

He was City's best defender yesterday. Again, I'm going to repeat that so we are clear

Zinchencko WAS the BEST City DEFENDER on the Pitch.

So if it's time for anyone to go, or if anyone has been "found out" perhaps we should have to start with those who were WORSE. You know, like every other defender on the fiel

But some of youo can carry on with the self delusion.

Again a bunch of laughable responses here again.

We played poorly as a group. But if we are looking for scapegoats there simply isn't one here.

He was City's best defender yesterday. Again, I'm going to repeat that so we are clear

Zinchencko WAS the BEST City DEFENDER on the Pitch.

So if it's time for anyone to go, or if anyone has been "found out" perhaps we should have to start with those who were WORSE. You know, like every other defender on the fiel

But some of youo can carry on with the self delusion.
Hahaha oh my. You’ve had a shocker there mate. Did you even watch the game? He was appalling. The one thing he’s usually good at is ball retention. He was awful at that. Turned it over so many times.

Every position on the team you have to fight for and hit a standard for us that is very high and Zinchenko does not make it, quite simply put we can buy better, but that is not the problem Mendy is, because until that is sorted we do not know if Zinchenko is a decent but not outstanding first team player or a great second team player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.