Norwich (a) post-match thread

We've been a defensive shit show since our 1st Pre-season game. With and without Laporte.

Simply cannot afford to cough up 2 or 3 big chances to teams in games at this level as you get stung. It's like 2016/17 all over again. We have a couple of gaping holes in our team and system that are being exploited and we need to find answers quickly so they don't jeopardise our season too much.

Gundogan and Silva should never ever play together as the two advanced midfielders. Too one paced and not enough snappiness and aggression there. I've been saying the same since 16/17. Would have been better off playing one of Foden or Bernardo in there to add extra legs.

We’d clearly be more successful if you were manager.

I had watched Norwich a few times this season and wanted to see if they could bring it out of defense as we used to against us, to be fair they did, most of the game was free flowing, their first goal was very good but Rodri`s was a cracker, the lad Lewis, it was good to see him close up
Before we get too engrossed in our imperfections, don't forget that Norwich's game against a full strength Liverpool was a very even game - Norwich had the easy chances to put a defensively poor Liverpool away. Without being anywhere near our best, we were dominant - far more dominant than Liverpool, but inexplicably unable to strike our shots cleanly - Rodri apart. Liverpool's almost biblical immunity from injury to their best players surely can't last another season.

Before we get too engrossed in our imperfections, don't forget that Norwich's game against a full strength Liverpool was a very even game - Norwich had the easy chances to put a defensively poor Liverpool away. Without being anywhere near our best, we were dominant - far more dominant than Liverpool, but inexplicably unable to strike our shots cleanly - Rodri apart. Liverpool's almost biblical immunity from injury to their best players surely can't last another season.
I think it is fair to say that liverpools lack of quality players is such that you have not noticed they have had injuries, unfortunately for us if you play deep against liverpool they get penalties and if you play high to stop that, they get off side goals, it maybe the case we would have more luck if the ref had the injury

I am just going to tell you a little bit about football, it was Norwich game plan to allow us to have the ball, and allow us to play in their half and then catch us on the break, which they successfully did, so nothing to do with us working hard it was more to do with us falling into Norwich trap
?
We were gonna have that much of the ball whether they were trapping us or not.
their goals were from a stupid giveaway and a flash header on a corner that would have been stopped with a guy on the post and one nice counter that walker played norwich onside. 2-1 should have been the score and our points, but as it was we didn't deserve them.

Who said I am teaching Pep? He knows more about football than me and is far more successful than I have ever done anything in the game.

Doesn’t mean that he should not be pointed out for mistakes that people think he has done. He makes mistakes and I and others will point them out. Resting your best and influential player for a tough away game is a mistake and you don’t need a champions league winners medal to qualify that opinion.

Really, did you honestly believe that (and not with hindsight)

Yes out first champions league game, which even if we drew or lost we have time to put it right, fall to far behind in the Prem and we might not be able to claw it back

As I said, you’re wasted on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.