Nicolas Otamendi - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Height isn’t a problem for him. He wins plenty in the air. For all his faults, height isn’t one of them.
Where did I say height is his fault? My post was just clearly stated that he will always be a target for oppositions to bomb to and take easy advantage in the air/set piece, nothing more nothing less.

I have been saying this for a while now but he is not up to it at this, and we should have replaced him in the summer. Unfortunately we are going to have to rely on him until LaPorte or the January window opens. Stones will come good and he can improve where as Nico is heading towards the arse end of his career.

say what you will about Mangala but he was always alert and would have never made the school boy error Ota made yesterday. Mangala's problem was that he was actually too eager to impress which led to him making some poorly timed overly aggressive decisions.

Big mistake letting the big lad go we need him right now,

I have been saying this for a while now but he is not up to it at this, and we should have replaced him in the summer. Unfortunately we are going to have to rely on him until LaPorte or the January window opens. Stones will come good and he can improve where as Nico is heading towards the arse end of his career.

I'm not sure what evidence there is that Stones will improve and come good to be honest.

I am only going off his age he has spent a lot of time out injured.

I've spent enough time defending him and will hold off until he has a proper run in the team injury free but I do worry about his composure.

Any mistake by him or his defenive teammates seems to rattle him longer than it should. Contrast that to the likes of Ederson or Laporte who have made mistakes costing goals but put it behind them by the next kickoff and the difference is fairly huge.

He's in his mid twenties now and really needs to develop a level of confidence that will make him indispensable or he will go to waste with us.

I've spent enough time defending him and will hold off until he has a proper run in the team injury free but I do worry about his composure.

Any mistake by him or his defenive teammates seems to rattle him longer than it should. Contrast that to the likes of Ederson or Laporte who have made mistakes costing goals but put it behind them by the next kickoff and the difference is fairly huge.

He's in his mid twenties now and really needs to develop a level of confidence that will make him indispensable or he will go to waste with us.

I agree.

We are not buying in jan,pep has said no,eric will be back soon after that anyway

We are not buying in jan,pep has said no,eric will be back soon after that anyway

wouldn't get your hopes up about that.

It's a serious injury. After his leg is cleared as ok, he then needs to train and as we've seen with Mendy that can take some time.

wouldn't get your hopes up about that.

It's a serious injury. After his leg is cleared as ok, he then needs to train and as we've seen with Mendy that can take some time.
It's not as serious as benny's was,he has recovered from a broken leg before so i think he'll be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.