Norwich (a) post-match thread

One defeat and some of our fans are unbelievable.
Some of the comments is ridiculous!
Not saying it's nice to get beat one bit, But since the defeat I've been thinking ots good to have a reality check which might stand us in good sted for the rest of the season. Honestly every week all of us think no matter who were playing 'We'll smash these today', So makes Watford game a little more interesting now especially the way they performed yesterday they were outstanding second half.

Some of the comments is ridiculous!
Not saying it's nice to get beat one bit, But since the defeat I've been thinking ots good to have a reality check which might stand us in good sted for the rest of the season. Honestly every week all of us think no matter who were playing 'We'll smash these today', So makes Watford game a little more interesting now especially the way they performed yesterday they were outstanding second half.
100% mate

As a long suffering City fan who was there in the third tier it is hard to reconcile just how big we have become and how other fan's view us. Of course I know we have a great team playing the best football I have seen in my 50+ years of watching us, but for me we are just fallible old City. Days like Saturday's result are ingrained in my psyche. I fear them every game we play, no matter what the experts say on how superior we are to the opposition and how their only hope is keeping the score down. Thirty five years of mainly misery are hard to eradicate.

I digress though. I have two good friends from Norwich who I met years ago in Tenerife, both season ticket holders. Becky's season ticket is three rows behind the away dugout, a great seat. She was so excited to play us on Saturday even though she feared the worst. She sent me this message on Friday evening.

" So I don’t need to wish you luck tomorrow, given our injuries and your talent I think you have three points already and as you know Norwich fans personally don’t take any notice of who represent us on soccer am tomorrow hopefully we will see you soon in Tenerife . "

I don't often watch soccer am but apparently Norwich fan's were on it Saturday. During the game we exchanged messages occasionally and she was genuinely in shock when Norwich went 2-0 up. She couldn't believe it and said she had lost her voice. I congratulated her at the end of the game and she told me two City fans at the game had done the same which I took pride in. Well done those fans.

Today she posted, " Just watching the Norwich game again in case I was dreaming........goosebumps. " Her friend replied she cried at the end. This is how feared and revered we are as a team these days that for fan's of many other teams see beating us like the football equivalent of winning the lottery. I realise as a newly promoted team like Norwich it had extra significance as it proved they could live with the big boys. Even so it still comes as a shock that to many others we are not little old City anymore but a superpower, even if on Saturday for 90+ minutes we reverted back to our comical past. So as gutted as I was to lose on Saturday for Becky and the other Norwich fan's I can't begrudge them their joy, it is moments like that what football is all about. I just hope they experience the same joy when Liverpool visit Carrow Road.

As I said, you’re wasted on here.
Yes people with opinions that differ from others are wasted on here, no one is allowed to suggest the manager got his selection wrong, which I think he clearly did, but hey ho people aren't allowed to say that are they

Most of us will have got over the game by now.

What pissed us off at the time was that we all know we are so much better than that display.
I've got over it, even seen my resident Norwich fan this morning, can't get over the over reaction and knee jerking on nearly every bluemoon thread though. so I'll give it a miss for the rest of the day.

Yes people with opinions that differ from others are wasted on here, no one is allowed to suggest the manager got his selection wrong, which I think he clearly did, but hey ho people aren't allowed to say that are they
The other thing to remember mate is that you can't actually comment on the post match thread about that actual game. You're not allowed to lambast a performance or a passage of play, or even a piece of schoolboy defending. No, the post match thread is for how certain players performed in the 17/18 campaign and the occasional insult for daring to have a different view than others.

The shot conversion is the most worrying. I was about to say that 9 times out of 10 you don’t concede with every shot you face on target but that’s happened to us twice in five games.

That said, we comfortably created far more than both Spurs and Norwich but failed to outscore either of them.
I totally agree.
25 attempts on goal on Saturday, yet we only scored 2 (1 in 12.5). Similarly against Spurs (1 in 15). We normally score between 1 in 5 and 1 in 6.
Defensively Zinchenko and Otamendi just doesn't work IMO but overall defensive cohesion is the real problem. We conceded 2 in 3 Against Spurs and 3 in 7 against Norwich.

Defending corners at the near post is top if the list to fix. One of our taller players, probably Rodri, needs to attack the ball here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.