Norwich (a) post-match thread

One player just needs to be assigned to that one job. Forget everything else if that ball comes into the near post you get to it first and clear it. If it goes over your head it's someone else's responsibility. It's not rocket science. Ederson doesn't get off scott free for the first goal in my opinion. He has to react quicker as he is on the line and had a clear view. I remember De Gea getting targeted and hammered on crosses when he first came to England until the rags worked on him and sorted it. Ederson is a big lump who who can use his hands and fists. He needs to come out and clear the ball wiping everything out in his path. We bemoan a lack of height defending set pieces yet fail to utilise our major asset, instead he stands there passively and indecisively most of the time. If that ball comes into his zone get out there and clear it man!

We had two players there. Neither did anything. Just pure bad defending.

Poor performance all round but much of that was down to an excellent game plan executed by Norwich (and Otamendi’s brain failure)
Those claiming we have handed the dippers the league need to stick their dummies back in. A performance like that can happen to any side and will just galvanise the boys.
Upwards and onwards.

LOL , I would love to have been a fly in that dressing room at half time and full time.

What Pep says in public and in the privacy of the dressing room are two completely different things.
Or as Kevin Keegan once commented- a mole on the wall

One defeat and some of our fans are unbelievable.
There is an element of over-reaction but remember how high the bar is set. Liverpool look well capable (at the moment) of hitting around the 95 point mark again.
This means every point is vital and the loss of 3 against Norwich in such a context should be viewed with concern. The structural issues with our defence , which gives rise to alarm, myself and others have discussed at length and I am not going down that road again. It is time to move on and find solutions on a game by game basis as required.

Hmmm, back on the 31st August after a comfortable and standard victory againsy Brighton, City were 'ruining football'.
A few days later and there's a 'systemic and structural problem at City - a club in crisis'.
Let's all get a grip eh.

I don’t think we’ve played so badly since a couple of defeats at Southampton under Mancini (12-13) and Pellegrini (15-16).

The whole performance smacked of lacklustre complacency, and that includes the Management, and our defensive set-up for opposition corners, which is frankly becoming embarrassing (that’s 3 similar goals for Brighton, Tottenham, and Norwich from a total of roughly 5-6 corners combined).

Aside from the obvious criticism, and whilst cutting a little slack for the International fatigue, we’re also witnessing the gradual decline of David Silva’s overall effectiveness. He didn’t play badly, but you just don’t notice him anymore.

We can still win the League, but those mistakes won't go away until we've worked on our defensive game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.