Ederson - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding? He didn't stand a chance with that first one yesterday, back to basics of proper defending instead of this zonal defending would help, ideally with a man on each post.

Sorry but that header was from 12 yards and a couple of yards to the left of him. He was stood on that side of the goal and fuck knows what he was doing with his footwork and arms but he was nowhere near it somehow.

Poor goalkeeping.

As time goes on, I’m becoming more skeptical about his all-round goalkeeping ability.

I have been sceptical of his shot stopping ability from the first game he played, he is great at what he does for us I have no doubt but as an actual goalkeeper he is not very top class and I can see why Brazil choose Allison over him.

Our attempts on goal to actual goals ratio has to be the worst in the league. We consistently face very few shots, but they consistently end in goals. I am not advocating replacing him as the positives far outweigh the negatives and he is crucial to how we play.

He’s made quite a few incredible saves so far this season at vital junctures in matches. Way more worrying is how often opponents get such easy chances than the fact he can’t stop them all.

I don't know why but his saves go under the radar. I was watching a highlight reel of his saves last season and I was genuinely shocked to see how many top class ones he pulled off because I'd forgotten most of them.

Makes mistakes like the rest of them and moves on like the best of them. No better keeper for us.

Not sure his footwork is going to help us much for the next 4 ot 5 months when you have 2 clowns to pass it to. Fern needs to play as he can be trusted to bring it out from the back.

Hopefully we will get treated to more of his medium and long range passing then, I think we under-utilise his abilities in this respect.

He’s made a couple of errors this season but still far and away the best option for us. No-one out there that I’d swap for Eddie.

Not sure his footwork is going to help us much for the next 4 ot 5 months when you have 2 clowns to pass it to. Fern needs to play as he can be trusted to bring it out from the back.

Nah, you can't trust the guys who tend to have the best pass completion in the team. Stones I think had the best pass completion in the league last season and Ota was third in our squad, behind the now departed Vincent Kompany.

Ota was dispossessed the fewest times of any of our players last season and Stones was joint second best with an average of 0.1 times per game.

FFS.

Nah, you can't trust the guys who tend to have the best pass completion in the team. Stones I think had the best pass completion in the league last season and Ota was third in our squad, behind the now departed Vincent Kompany.

Ota was dispossessed the fewest times of any of our players last season and Stones was joint second best with an average of 0.1 times per game.

FFS.

Stats never tell the real story though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.