Lukaku racially abused again on Italian TV

oakiecokie

An Italian television station says it will not use one of its pundits again after he made a racist comment about Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku.

Speaking on TopCalcio24, Luciano Passirani said: "If you go one-on-one with him he will murder you.

"The only way to come up against him is maybe give him 10 bananas to eat..."

Programme director Fabio Ravezzani said, despite Passirani's "immediate apologies" that "he could no longer participate in our broadcasts".

Lukaku, who moved from Manchester United to Inter in the summer, helped his side to a 1-0 win against Udinese on Saturday.

"Mr Passirani is 80 years old and to compliment Lukaku he used a metaphor that turned out to be racist," added Ravezzani.

"I think it was a terrible lack of momentary lucidity.

"I cannot tolerate any kind of errors, even if momentary."

An Italian television station says it will not use one of its pundits again after he made a racist comment about Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku.

Speaking on TopCalcio24, Luciano Passirani said: "If you go one-on-one with him he will murder you.

"The only way to come up against him is maybe give him 10 bananas to eat..."

Programme director Fabio Ravezzani said, despite Passirani's "immediate apologies" that "he could no longer participate in our broadcasts".

Lukaku, who moved from Manchester United to Inter in the summer, helped his side to a 1-0 win against Udinese on Saturday.

"Mr Passirani is 80 years old and to compliment Lukaku he used a metaphor that turned out to be racist," added Ravezzani.

"I think it was a terrible lack of momentary lucidity.

"I cannot tolerate any kind of errors, even if momentary."

Bloody hell.

Stupid thing to say, absolutely bloody ridiculous. Don't TV shows have some kind of test to ensure that the person being interviewed is of sound mind, or something?
Especially stupid since it is well known that Lukaku prefers pies, apparently.

The Italians have a major issue.

Its clearly not being dealt with internal so time for someone outside to step in and deal with it.

I love Italian football, often making trips for serie a games, but this part of it really leaves a sour taste. Makes me think twice every time I book.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.