City fans on the concourse at Carrow Road

Same tune but different words as a song we had years ago.
Tesco Tesco
City are going to tesco
They’ll be thousands of blues
Because there’s discount on booze
So city are going to Tesco.

Was our response to a rag song about them going to Glasgow where the campions league final was that year.

Ha ha - I remember that Tesco one so well! Also, there was another bastardised version of their Glasgow one that went like this:

Tell all the Rags that you know,
That they never made it to Glasgow,
You thought you'd won it but then,
Came Bayer Lever-ku-sen,
So you never made it to Glasgow

Poor excuse for them to be honest. Been to loads of games on my own and always try and get songs going regardless of whether I'm with my mates or not. Sometimes it might fall on deaf ears but sometimes it works. A lot of concourse singers just don't even bother trying once they're in the stands.

Good tune though, even if it is a variation on Everton's Arteta song. Guess they won't mind too much as they lifted our Ederson chant!
Half of them probably never leave the concourse.

Same tune but different words as a song we had years ago.
Tesco Tesco
City are going to tesco
They’ll be thousands of blues
Because there’s discount on booze
So city are going to Tesco.

Was our response to a rag song about them going to Glasgow where the campions league final was that year.
It was also changed to 'there'll be thousands of reds with plastic bags on their heads...

Bluemoan at its finest again

Perhaps in the stands it is not as good because the concourse singers are spilt up. They may start a song but the miserable old gets dont join because they hardly do or they are too deaf and slow to catch onto the words. Or the new found fans we have just have no clue what is going on.

At an away game you usually see regular faces, not at Norwich.

Perhaps in the stands it is not as good because the concourse singers are spilt up. They may start a song but the miserable old gets dont join because they hardly do or they are too deaf and slow to catch onto the words. Or the new found fans we have just have no clue what is going on.

I get what you're saying but that's a cop out of sorts. Granted, there are fans who can't be arsed singing at all - be it concourse or the stands

I get what you're saying but that's a cop out of sorts. Granted, there are fans who can't be arsed singing at all - be it concourse or the stands

It's all a cop out. Those singing in the concourse must number 100 at best. We had over 2k at the game so where are their voices.

Point at the youngsters having a good time. I bet some of those youngsters have scratched around to get money to actually get there.

10 lads I know paid £70 a head for a mini bus as they could not get 16 to go.

Saw plenty regular faces and alsoa lot of new younger faces, don't be blaming the older fans who dont do course singing but do in the stands

Last edited:
It's all a cop out. Those singing in the concourse must number 100 at best. We had over 2k at the game so where are their voices.

Point at the youngsters having a good time. I bet some of those youngsters have scratched around to get money to actually get there.

10 lads I know paid £70 a head for a mini bus as they could not get 16 to go.

Think I’ll set up a mini bus business if that’s what you can charge! £700!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.