I've become a part time plane spotter

I’m doing the same here in Majorca,well was doing till the cloud rolled in,fucking crap weather

Busy that Palma airport by the way,was around 9 queuing up to get in other day that’s busier than Heathrow for landings !

Only small stuff into here though 757 biggest I’ve seen

We’re under the flight path in to Manchester and use Flightradar to check the comings and goings. It is interesting sometimes when some of them put in an extra loop or two for whatever reason. It’s amazing how quickly they come and go. Feck me I sound boring!!
When they stack, or go round in circles, it may be that they have made up time on the journey and waiting for their landing slot, or that they haven't got clearance to land.

Also, they could be overweight to land, and are just burning fuel, although this is pretty rare these days.

I have a confession......When the fighters are practising their dog fighting above our house, I have been known, on occasion, to grab my bins and retreat to the seclusion of the garage and watch it all unfold above. I quickly scamper in at the sight of a passing vehicle so as not to raise suspicion and give the impression of a serial dogger. Am I a sad old bastard.....

We've spoken before about Rhodes, you'd love the hotels in Kremasti, 25 secs from landing, a nice diversion from watching the kite surfers.

We've stayed in the Ialysos / Trianda area a few times in years gone by so I know the area you're talking about. Some fantastic sights from there

I have a confession......When the fighters are practising their dog fighting above our house, I have been known, on occasion, to grab my bins and retreat to the seclusion of the garage and watch it all unfold above. I quickly scamper in at the sight of a passing vehicle so as not to raise suspicion and give the impression of a serial dogger. Am I a sad old bastard.....
Knob out watching dogging, hmm, I can understand, but knob out watching dogfighting in your garage through binos mate ? : /.... Explains why you scamper in at the sight of a passing vehicle; )

I must admit, I'd like to sunbathe on St. Maarten's beach. I think I could put up with being sand blasted!
At home, I'm at the 6 mile mark for 23R, and before they built the Bredbury Business Park, I had a direct view (with my binoculars) of the planes taking off/landing from my bedroom window. Then they built the Allsports (remember them?) warehouse and buggered the view.

(To clarify: they didn't actually take off/land from my bedroom window. They were around 6 miles away, at the airport.)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.