Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha oh my. You’ve had a shocker there mate. Did you even watch the game? He was appalling. The one thing he’s usually good at is ball retention. He was awful at that. Turned it over so many times.
The facts simply don't agree with your fantasy.

137 touches most on the team. 90% pass completion rate. Only defender without a chance creating error. Most tackles of all the defenders 3. Tied for most interceptions.

The problem with City football was not defending, it was playing. We played lethargic uncreative football.

But some are trying hard to hang that on the neck of the players they don't like (so cue up the Gundogan/ Zinchencko threads). The facts however disagrees.

Walker 2 goal causing errors, Stones 2 goal causing errors, Otamendi 2 goal causing errors. But the defender Bluemoon concludes isn't up to snuff is the one with ZERO goal causing errors. The one with the most touches, most involved, most tackles, most through balls. I mean how irrational can one allow oneself to be in a world where 'The facts* can be retrieved easily?

These fact free reactions would be funny if they weren't repetitive and sad. :(

The Facts will set you free,!!!!

Last edited:
He isn't a left back, gets beaten time and time again although tbf like Delph he's done a wonderful job of filling in. Mendy or Cancelo need to be starting in the league and CL.

Great squad player though and I would be interested to see how he gets on in a midfield role.

Im just curious since this seems to be a running theme in this thread, but what is the cutoff on the "well, he's playing out of position" comments? He's not going to play as an attacking midfielder in our squad, and hasn't played meaningful minutes elsewhere (yet?) so the idea that he didn't come through as a leftback seems completely irrelevant to me when discussing his performances.

Im just curious since this seems to be a running theme in this thread, but what is the cutoff on the "well, he's playing out of position" comments? He's not going to play as an attacking midfielder in our squad, and hasn't played meaningful minutes elsewhere (yet?) so the idea that he didn't come through as a leftback seems completely irrelevant to me when discussing his performances.
He isn't playing out of position. He is a Leftback. And a damned good one for how we play.

He isn't playing out of position. He is a Leftback. And a damned good one for how we play.

Weird how he looks miles better playing as an attacking midfielder for Ukraine then. Maybe he should consider switching positions in future.

Weird how he looks miles better playing as an attacking midfielder for Ukraine then. Maybe he should consider switching positions in future.
He is also a a midfielder. I'm sure you are familiar with the phenomenon of players who play multiple positions, right? He also plays DM too.

These facts make him no less a Leftback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.