Norwich (a) post-match thread

I think it is fair to say that liverpools lack of quality players is such that you have not noticed they have had injuries, unfortunately for us if you play deep against liverpool they get penalties and if you play high to stop that, they get off side goals, it maybe the case we would have more luck if the ref had the injury
I'm thinking of Liverpool's lack of long term injuries last season to Salah, VVD, Mane etc. Yes, Firmino had a niggle and Oxlade Chamberlain got a bad injury, but he was no loss as he hadn't lived up to the expectations. Alisson's injury is fairly short term.

I'm thinking of Liverpool's lack of long term injuries last season to Salah, VVD, Mane etc. Yes, Firmino had a niggle and Oxlade Chamberlain got a bad injury, but he was no loss as he hadn't lived up to the expectations. Alisson's injury is fairly short term.

They lost Gomez for several months. But overall, yes, they've been lucky on injuries. Thing about luck is it eventually turns. Like clearances off the line with 10mm to spare. Or a centre back scoring his first of the season with a 30 yard screamer. It's not been all one-way traffic. The morose mob seem to forget when lady luck shines on us.

But as a manager, all games have to be considered and we have a CL game mid week. We can't start with our strongest 11 EVERY match so how do YOU decide when to use the squad??
I would decide to use it in the premier league which in my opinion is the best trophy to win, and the midweek game is the first group game in the Champions league, which as stated already we could afford to draw or lose, as we still have 5 games to qualify, now we have nearly already left ourselves with no room to slip up in the premier league

They lost Gomez for several months. But overall, yes, they've been lucky on injuries. Thing about luck is it eventually turns. Like clearances off the line with 10mm to spare. Or a centre back scoring his first of the season with a 30 yard screamer. It's not been all one-way traffic. The morose mob seem to forget when lady luck shines on us.
Clearances off the line are attributable to great athleticism and anticipation, 30 yard screamers are down to technique and power. Injuries to an extent are more random.

What we need to remember is that this is not last season were we can from behind to win the title because we had vinny and a proper defence . If that was the case a defeat is a blip but this the first game since Laporte is out and we have struggled against a team we should have hammered. That is why people are panicking so much . This defence pairing will not hold out till jan and that is s fact I’m afraid ..

Opinion, not fact.

Last edited:
He couldn't wave his magic wand in the first season. It turned out there was no solution until the transfer window opened.

This time we have Rodrigo, Fernandinho, and two young central defenders. The problem is that they will have to slot in alongside Stones who has the ability but has yet to show much authority.

I think Pep might well keep faith with Ota and Stones for a fortnight or so.

Why wouldn’t he? He doesn’t have limitless options. They had a shit match (like many others) but have done well enough before.

Last edited:
Contributions are good, but are they reliable? For a season? Neither are. And it's been the case for 3 years. Losing Kompany, and then Laporte has hurt us but we genuinely have 2 recognised centre halves who only performed well together 2 years ago, times gone. Football moves fast, you can't hold on to form nostalgia for long, have to show your worth and ability. Neither have improved in 3 years, and unfortunately with the fixture run coming up in November/December, we may well struggle more unless both somehow step up big time.
I remember Stones clearing the ball off the line at home against the red dippers last season. I don't remember any one calling him shite then. So in 7 months Stones has become useless and not good enough for city ffs.

You know what is true? Our fans have turned into a bunch of fairies who react in utter horror when their team gets criticised. The game went to pot. Poor team selection and a worse performance.

The team and manager deserve criticism for Saturday's performance no doubt , its the level of vitiriol directed at some individual players which is unnecessary , spoilt doesnt even start to cover it , (not directed at you just the "fans" who cannot handle a defeat with a little pragmatism)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.