John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will most likely buy a CB in January and another in the summer, all players need the challenge, there is a common belief that Fernandinho can play CB well anybody can but all have a standard and his is nowhere near as good as Stones, i do not know if you have noticed but Laporte is a LCB and does not challenge Stones,
There is a chance that Pep will go with a back three of Stones Rodri/Fernandinho,Ottamendi but this depends on Mendy, so i do not see your soon actually happening
Laporte coming back and playing every game isn't going to affect Stone's playing time? Right now it's three players for two spots, and once Laporte returns it'll be three players for one spot. Otamendi partnered Laporte for three of the four league games so far this year, they can obviously play together.

Laporte coming back and playing every game isn't going to affect Stone's playing time? Right now it's three players for two spots, and once Laporte returns it'll be three players for one spot. Otamendi partnered Laporte for three of the four league games so far this year, they can obviously play together.
Ottamendi is not playing particularly well at the moment on the left his strongest position, on the right he is awful i would rather see Walker play there

Fernandinho is obviously capable, but if he was even close Pep would have played him there, Kompany and Stones have both had injuries at the same time and Pep moved Ottamendi across to what should be his strongest position, and we all know how awful he is in that position, not a dig at Ottamendi in the past he has shoved the critics words down their mouths when playing on the left i just think he is one season past his best

How could Pep have played him there before now? He was needed in midfield, and he's been rested post copa-america so far this season.

We've never seen Fernandinho as a CB, but we have seen him do brilliantly in ever midfield position, right back, left back and even right wing once. Until I see evidence to the contrary, I believe 100% he'll be an excellent CB as well, which is more than Stones has been recently.

OFFICIAL: Pep Guardiola has confirmed John Stones has picked up a muscular injury this morning and will be out for four or five weeks.

FFS

I know it’s not his fault, but his constant injuries make him a complete liability at the moment.

Reactions: cjn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.